Thread: For future reference...

Default For future reference...

If and when this site gets to the point where regions are divided and represented by individual forum members, I would like to take this opportunity to publically recommend Miss Ann A.K.A Misdomingo to represent the Central Ohio or perhaps even the Ohio region. I think her prior knowledge of naval games and her enthusiasm for them makes her the perfect candidate to get organized play started around here when the game is released!

Able Seaman
    Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Terry

She's got my vote...if and when!

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

The time will come that we need Captains, Commodars and Fleet Admirals... and I've laid the ground work to set those up already!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Tommy

Aye....I'll second your recommendation.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Timothy

Aye, and the day be comin soon thinks I!!!

2nd Lt
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bob

I see people nominating for commanders. Well here in MD Blackjohn seems to be an organizer.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Rob

Aye, I'll sail with me dear Virginia, or the original colonies, when the time comes.

With the abolishment of regional organizing on the WoG site, I doubt that it will be done here.
    Last edited by Coog; 04-10-2013 at 13:36.

I agree Bobby, seems the organizational load of that structure proved too much so I cant see it being replicated here either. On the other hand I might just promote myself. You can all call me Admiral! ;)

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Blake

would it be better to break the US Fleets down into individual states or would that just create forum nightmare? I dont know how the structure was on WoG site, would SoG use Admirals (highest rank?) be assigned per State or per large gaming area within a state or a combinations of states? For example I could see Texas being divided into 5 district Ports of Call all governed over by several Admirals who could then meet once a year to elect their "Captain King" think Pirate of the Caribbean :-)

Hey when are we gonna get Naval style Smileys?

cya

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by PirateBlake View Post
    would it be better to break the US Fleets down into individual states or would that just create forum nightmare? I dont know how the structure was on WoG site, would SoG use Admirals (highest rank?) be assigned per State or per large gaming area within a state or a combinations of states? For example I could see Texas being divided into 5 district Ports of Call all governed over by several Admirals who could then meet once a year to elect their "Captain King" think Pirate of the Caribbean :-)

cya
    Amazing that a Texan considers himself part of the U.S. ;)

I think what will happen is that folks will start advertising game days for their areas, and some form of organic organization will take place. Unless there is a need for regional officers, e.g. sanctioned events of some sort, the extra levels of bureaucracy would probably be counter-productive.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateBlake View Post

cya
    We tried it with Wings of War and it did not work out. With the exception of a few locations, those dedicated to the game were just too spread out and although you could find players for occasional games, they did want to join an organized group.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lance

I live in North East Ohio and would be willing to help at whatever level is needed. I sure swing a mean spread sheet!

Ordinary Seaman
    Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Ann

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    If and when this site gets to the point where regions are divided and represented by individual forum members, I would like to take this opportunity to publically recommend Miss Ann A.K.A Misdomingo to represent the Central Ohio or perhaps even the Ohio region. I think her prior knowledge of naval games and her enthusiasm for them makes her the perfect candidate to get organized play started around here when the game is released!
    Thanks Ken for the vote of confidence! As our first event in the central Ohio region, The Cowman and I are sponsoring a Sails of Glory event this Sunday, February 9 at 3pm at the Soldiery (4256 N High St, Columbus, OH 43214, phone:(614) 267-1957). If you are in the area, and can dig out of the winter snow that currently blankets the midwest, come sail the high seas with us!