Name
    Rob

Default Ships cat loses AB rating.

Captain's Log. 3/ Aug/1795.

HMS Fox all at sea.

Name:  DSC_0030fs_edited-1.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  167.2 KB

This morning a disciplinary hearing of the ships officers found the ship's cat Salem guilty of dereliction of duty, in that he did introduce and then allow a French mouse to escape in the Captain's newly re-furbished cabin and war room. He has therefore been stripped of his Able status and instructed to berth in the heads until such time as he redeems himself by arresting said mouse and bring it to justice.

Name:  IMG_7982.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  141.3 KB

By the order of the Captain.
    Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I can now inform you that the Ship's cat is reinstated. After his sojourn in the Heads, he awoke refreshed, and within a couple of minutes caught said French mouse by my bookcase. So no need to get out a trap and fromage.
    I have found Rich fruit cake works better with British mice.
    Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Could be worse... try having a tiny little Tyrannosaurus rex who thinks "master hunter" means "get grandma to help steal dad's pizza." LOL (Don't underestimate 'em... this little guy beat me in my last game of Sails. Granted, I made the mistake of agreeing to "play for the pizza"...)
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Now that is a cat worth his salt.
    A partner to play sails with.
    I am also lucky in that respect, although I can usually obtain the same ends with a juicy mouse.
    Here we see the Ship's cat selecting his next card.

Name:  IMG_3821.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  112.7 KB

Rob.