Hybrid View

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Your post is the first I have heard of it, Rob. Considering what a historic find this was, it has been kept surprisingly quiet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...orkshire-coast

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Your post is the first I have heard of it, Rob. Considering what a historic find this was, it has been kept surprisingly quiet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...orkshire-coast
    For good reason... can you imagine how quickly looters would set to work on the wreck?
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good to hear from you DB. I trust all is well.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

It has yet to be verified, and some good arguments against it actually being the Bonhomme Richard.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Things slow with Ares, my mother being demanding three days a week shoving her wheelchair around therapy, but on the whole could be much worse, thanks. Just got a chance to pop back by and apparently it's been so long it cleared my permalogin...
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I had no idea that any protocol was set up to clear Logins DB.
    My Dad's cousin died in November, and we had been her carers for a couple of years only, so understand some of what you are dealing with although in her case it was Alzheimer's. Still trying to get the remains of here estate sorted out and put her flat up for sale.
    Rob.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

We still haven't finished with my grandmother's and grandfather's... and those were 5 and 30 years ago respectively.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good grief DB. If the lawyers have been on it that long it's surprising if there is any Estate left.
    Rob.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

It's not the lawyers, it's the sorting down and disposition of personal effects. The financial assets all transferred quick and clean.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Ah! Right DB. That was not our problem. All assets including personal had to be auctioned and added to the total Estate before distribution.
    Rob.