Last night we hat two SoG games - first one a small line battle with the HMS Victory, HMS Zealous vs. Principe de Asturias & Heroe. We played with nearly all the optional rules, so for example with double shots and first broadsides. Mine was the Spanish side.

The first clash was huge. So my question is, if we sum up the broadsides/fire correctly.

The Spanish first rate was able to bow rake HMS Zealous at close range with normal ball ammo.

8 B damage counters for the broadside, + 3 for the bow rake (BR) + 3 for the first broadside (FB) = 14 B damages for HMS Zealous.

For each 3 damages I added another damage. The bonus for BR & FB have to be calculated separately with the base damage, right?

HMS Victory fired the first broadside (FB) at close range with double shot at the Spanish first rate.

7 B damage counters & 7 A damage counters = 14 combined damage counters

For each 3 counters we get with the FB another damage counters. So we had another additional 5 damage counters.

But what kind of damage counters to use?

My proposal was to split up the 5 counters in 3 B damage counters & 2 A damage counters. The reason for this decision was, that this was the maximum you can get out of a basic damage of 7 B damage counters.

So HMS Victory dealt out: 10 B damage counters & 9 A damage counters.

The comrades accepted this, but was it right calculated?

HMS Zealous, encountered with a raking shot decided to fire the front firing arc at the Principe de Asturias with double shot and first broadside (FB), too.

4 B damage counters & 4 A damage counters = 8 combined damage counters

Same conditions again, for each 3 counters we get with the FB another damage counters. So we had another additional 3 damage counters.

Like HMS Victory before, HMS Zealous get 2 B damage counters and 1 A damage counter, for a total of 6 B & 5 A damage counters versus the Spanish first rate.

Heroe's decision was more simple. Not in a perfect position she fired her front arc versus the HMS Victory with normal ball ammo and a first broadside (FB).

4 B damages + 2 additional B counters for the (FB) scratched the HMS Victory a little bit at all.

Hope we calculated conform to the rules.