Thread: Ares ship sightings COMMENTS.

Default Ares ship sightings COMMENTS.

After a long absence, I have be excited to get back to our hobby and also update my collection with the latest ships.

I find a vacuum of availability. The websites all have SOG listed as out of stock. My thinking is that if I have difficulty finding the product, others may as well.

I am thinking a good idea would be to post a 'Sighting' thread, where anyone aware of suppliers with stock could be mentioned.

At this point, other than the Aligator frigate, I have not been able to locate anyone in the USA who has any stock.

What have the rest of you found in your areas?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That is an excellent idea Erin.
    I will set one up and stick it.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Thanks Jim, for the links. I checked them out and it looks like they carry just about everything. Don't know what to say about brick and mortar though, I would think any sales op would be a good thing. I am totally on board with ordering through them to help support the local hobby store, but I haven't come across any who are interested. Mostly card vendors around here.

Thanks for the tip about eBay Jason. I have heard some wild tales about the Constitution and Victory being sold at huge prices at one point. I remember the same happened with some of the WoG planes as well. But it is nice to know there are some out there.

Rob, I like the thread title.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Kangaroo View Post
    Thanks for the tip about eBay Jason. I have heard some wild tales about the Constitution and Victory being sold at huge prices at one point. I remember the same happened with some of the WoG planes as well. But it is nice to know there are some out there.
    I don't think I've seen anything at ridiculous prices. Pretty much everything is between $10 and $20 US.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I think we want a platform for comments gents. Otherwise this sticky will be inundated and nobody will be able to find the information after a time. I will instigate a new thread for comments shortly.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I have now opened this thread as a platform for any comments on Ares ship sightings data.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

A warm welcome to Landsurfer with his first posting on the Ares ship sighting thread.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Now I wonder what this delivery could be?

Name:  IMG_8728.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  128.9 KB

Rob.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Perhaps there is a clue in the printing on he side of the box, Rob?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And you are right on Dave. Very perceptive.
    However, even I was surprised a few minutes ago. Having had my afternoon cupper, I opened the box to find not just my Starter sey but an invoice from Entoyment to say that it was a Pre Order Special. This is what I recieved for my buck.
    not a bad haul at all.

Name:  IMG_8729.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  138.9 KB

So many thanks to Entoyment not only for speed of delivery but also the extras included.
    Now that is service indeed.

Rob.

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Edward

Greetings

My pre-order arrived earlier this week as well. Hopefully to be deployed over the weekend.

Regards

Edward

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

With this little extra bundle arriving form Entoyment today I now not only have the set of both sides of the Spanish Frigates completed but a ship mat for each of them.
    Thanks again Entoyment.

Rob.
    Attached Images Attached Images