Thread: Saludos desde Argentina !!

Landsman
    Argentina

Log Entries
    Name
    Sebastian

Default Saludos desde Argentina !!

Good night sailors, I write from Argentina. First of all I want to say hello to everyone. I tell you that here in my country it is impossible to get this beautiful game, my intention is to create it on my own from 0. I wanted to know if there are models of the cards of each Ship. If possible also know the size of the most important objects .. Thank you very much

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Firstly welcome to the Anchorage Sebastian.
    I hope you got my PM O.K.
    The shipmates will no doubt try to help out with your problem wherever they can.
    May you sail with a fair wind.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Able Seaman
    Puerto Rico

Log Entries
    Name
    Rolando

ĦBienvenido! ĦEh del barco!

I hope you can find a way to play the game. There are copyright issues in sharing downright scans of actual game cards and stuff, but you may be able to piece together many components from different posts here.

I know what you feel from the difficulty in Argentinian-North American trade. In 2010, an Argentinian game came out, TEG Independencia, a RISK-like game of Hispano-American Independence for the 200 Anniversary, and I tried for YEARS to get a copy, and was very sad that I couldn't.

Are you planning to buy 1/1200 Langton or other miniature ships? They are almost the same scale.

Vista, suerte, y Ħal toro!
    –Rolando

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Sebastian, from here in the United Kingdom. I am sad to hear that you cannot obtain a copy of the game. I suppose that the cost of shipping a copy to Argentina from overseas is very large. You can download the rulebook from the Ares website and some other things from this website but the big problems are the movement and damage decks.

You may find some things to help you by exploring the pictures on Board Game Geek website. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...mages?pageid=9
    Last edited by Naharaht; 05-11-2019 at 01:21.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I looked at the cost of printing some decks for the few Langton ships that I have and when you add up the price of card, glue, printer ink and time to cut and paste the cards it is actually as cheap to buy the ships with cards for all the Frigates and Sloops than to print your own. You also get a ship to use as a wreck or two and a spare base for your Langton ship that way.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    Argentina

Log Entries
    Name
    Sebastian

Thank you all for your comments and greetings. I tell you that there is a PC game called tabletop simulator in which someone made the game and where you can get almost all the images. So I have it almost ready. more 3d impressions of boats. That Ares I know excuse but in Argentina we have to solve it in this way haha. ;). We do not have that fame for nothing.