Thread: Near the coast - Wings of Prague 2019

Default Near the coast - Wings of Prague 2019

NEAR THE COAST

This was my second SoG scenario that I hosted during the Prague Con 2019.

Again, I worked out a nearly historical scenario:

It's 1812 and after the Battle of Salamanca on the Iberian Peninsula the French Napoleonic troops in Spain need food and supplies.The supply lines on the roads are threatened by Spanish partisans, so Napoleon organized a supply convoy from the United States to Spain.The Royal Navy was able to get information about the plan and command one of their famous Captains to quick organize an intcerception force. The convoy is intercepted near the Spanish Coast. Now it's time to stop it.

I used the same ships like in the fog bank scenario - that saved time :

USS Constitution 1812 (133 pts.)
    USS Bonhomme Richard (93 pts.)
    Bertin or Berrier (95 pts.)
    Proserpine or Dryade (87 pts.)

HMS Agamemnon or HMS Raisonable (126 pts.)
    HMS Concord or HMS Unite (76 pts.)
    HMS Hamdryad (85 pts.)
    HMS Amelia (88 pts.)

Goals of the scenario were:

Main goal : The Royal Navy needs to destroy or capture the convoy or force the enemy ships from the map to crush the convoy formation. Earn extra points by capturing the USS Bonhomme Richard and/or the Bertin/Berrier (do not sink the ships – reduce the crews to zero)
    The US/French needs to stand vs. The Royal Navy to bring some ships to Spain.Earn an extra point by sinking the ship with the RN famous Captian. (RN flagship)

Again special rules were in play:

Fire damage will prevent a reload or firing action in the following turn, broken mast will replace you next maneuver with a randomly drawn broken mast card. Entanglement possible. Reduced damage if friendly ships collide – one B damage per ship.
    Reefs – if your ship hit a reef, take one A damage per burden point. The ship can't move now for the rest of the game. Cannon fire or musket fire is still possible.

Here you can see the setup work during my two scenarios.

I brought a French and a British flag to the Con to spice up the gaming area a little bit.

The US/Fr ship started at the left and needed to leave the map to the right by sailing through the coast elements.

A closeup of one of the beautiful rock/reef pieces handmade by Admiral Bligh himself.

Thank you Rob for this eye catching upgrade of my scenario!

Ships during the battle.

Sails and masts of the used minis were painted to make them look a little bit more used.

From the left to the right:

Markus in command of the USS Bonhomme Richard
    Chris in command of the USS Constitution
    Marek in command of HMS Unite
    Lex in command of HMS Hamdryad
    Rob in command of HMS Amelia

not in the picture:

Adam in command of the Bertin
    Tonda in command of the Dryad
    Me in command of HMS Agamemnon

In the background on the left side you can see the USS Bonhomme Richard & the Bertin, the two ships loaded with grain on their way to the Spanish coast, followed by HMS Amelia.

In the foreground: The desperate battle between USS Constitution, HMS Agamemnon & the Dryade.

Finally the convoy ships reached the coast and the scenario was won by the US/Fr side.

The convoy lost the Dryade wich was sunk by Marek's HMS Unite.
    The RN lost the HMS Agamemnon sunk by Markus & Chris and the HMS Unite finally sunk by Chis' USS Constitution.

Again, to balance the SoG game a little bit to the WGF & WGS games, players were able to gain "one kill" if they were able to close 9 nine enemy boxes (burden or crew) with shooting. Sinking of an enemy ship would grant the players another "kill".

So I was able to score one kill with 17 closed boxes, the Bonhomme Richard scored with 11 boxes, the USS Constitution scored with 10 boxes and the Dryade with 9 boxes.
    Last edited by Comte de Brueys; 04-26-2019 at 02:20.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Nice scenario Sven, like the ships sails too, what did you wash them down with ?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for that my dear Comte. Your games were most enjoyable. I did not post any pictures yet so as to not steal your thunder, but if you permit will now add mine to your own superb offering.

Respectfully your humble servant, Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Thank you my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Nice scenario Sven, like the ships sails too, what did you wash them down with ?
    Citadel Shade: Seraphim Sepia

Used that for my Space Hulk game, too. Amazing results.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Thanks for that my dear Comte. Your games were most enjoyable. I did not post any pictures yet so as to not steal your thunder, but if you permit will now add mine to your own superb offering.

Respectfully your humble servant, Bligh.
    This would be great, Rob.

I forgot to mention, that other pictures from the game are welcome. Due to my host activity I wasn't able to take more pictures.