Thread: Jutland: Draining the Battle Site

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Default Jutland: Draining the Battle Site

On Monday 29th April at 9.00 p.m. Channel 5 television will be showing a programme entitled 'Jutland: Draining the Battle Site'. It is a documentary exploring the wreckage of ships from the sea battle. I have not seen it, so, I do not know what it is like or whether anything new has been discovered.

On Sunday 28th at 9.00 p.m. also on Channel 5 there is a similar sounding programme called 'Draining the Bermuda Triangle', which claims to be using cutting-edge technology to discover what lies beneath the surface. Again I have no idea what it will be like.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for the Heads up Dave.
    I will pop those on to record.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I missed quite a bit of the programme because I dozed off. I do not think that I learned much that was new except that we sold the salvaged steel from the scuttled German fleet in Scapa Flow back to Germany, which they then used to build U-Boats, but there was some interesting use of computer graphics.

However, the big plus for members here was seeing our very own David Manley on board H.M.S. Belfast.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Glad you got to see the programme Dave. For some reason my recorder did not pick it up. May have been recording too much at the same time I fear.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The programme will be shown again on Saturday 4th May at 6.55 p.m. on Channel 5 and presumably at 7.55 p.m. on Channel 5+1 (Freeview Channel 44). I will try to watch it again because I dozed off in the middle. I am also hoping that they will also put it on their My5 'catch up' service.

Also on Monday 6th May at 9.00 p.m. Channel 5 will broadcast 'Sunken Treasure Revealed: Drain the Ocean'.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Cheers Dave. I will try and catch it again then.
    Rob.