Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New range of buildings. ModelJShip.

Hybrid View

Default New range of buildings. ModelJShip.

Hello everyone, I am working on a new range of buildings in 1/1200 or 1/1000 scale. The buildings will represent Spanish colonial buildings. There are many different models, about 20, so I'll progressively put them on sale. The buildings will be made in resin and the price will be an affordable price. I add some photos of the first ones that are textured. I hope you like them.

Name:  20190420_213402.jpg
Views: 1690
Size:  60.0 KB

Name:  20190420_213410.jpg
Views: 1493
Size:  62.4 KB

Name:  20190420_213423.jpg
Views: 1608
Size:  61.0 KB

Name:  20190420_213454.jpg
Views: 1752
Size:  60.8 KB

I would like to take the opportunity to publicly thank Alexander Meldez for contributing to the design and 3D printing of these buildings. Without your help all this would not be possible, so thanks for everything Alex.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Looking good as usual Julián. I guess my next seaport will be a Spanish one then.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Some more textured buildings.

Name:  20190421_150736.jpg
Views: 1552
Size:  71.9 KB

Name:  20190421_150746.jpg
Views: 1636
Size:  70.3 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am now looking for some nice small Spanish forts to place on the headlands of a Caribbean fishing village or small coastal town Julián.

These are the sort of thing. Not ones I already have.

Name:  cabdb5715b2f48795ad9419a16751445--greater-antilles-west-indies.jpg
Views: 1808
Size:  138.2 KB

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  166.8 KB

Just to fit in with your scale buildings.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Able Seaman
    Puerto Rico

Log Entries
    Name
    Rolando

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post

Name:  cabdb5715b2f48795ad9419a16751445--greater-antilles-west-indies.jpg
Views: 1808
Size:  138.2 KB
    This one is the San Gerónimo redoubt in San Juan! It's a much smaller fort on the east tip of the Isle of San Juan, opposite the more famous El Morro, which I think Julián himself made, that crowns the western tip. Nowadays, young people use it to hang out at night, smoke pot and for romantic encounters, which is poetic versus its original purpose, I think :)

It would be great to see it made also!

Where was this other photo from, Rob?

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  166.8 KB
    And of course, EXCELLENT little buildings, Julián!! The sculptures are beautiful and very accurate, and the paint jobs very pretty. The look just like preserved historical buildings here at Viejo San Juan. I might have to buy a few after my economy cools down from the Great Ship Buy.

–Rolando

I show you some photos of the first batch of finished buildings, I have included a small fort at Rob's request.
    All the buildings represent a Spanish colonial architecture.

Soon I will proceed to make the molds in silicone and then clone in resin.

I hope you like them.

Regards,
    Julián

Name:  20190422_134945.jpg
Views: 1732
Size:  115.1 KB

Name:  20190422_135000.jpg
Views: 1673
Size:  116.6 KB

Name:  20190422_135041.jpg
Views: 1839
Size:  138.5 KB

Name:  20190422_135130.jpg
Views: 1571
Size:  129.5 KB

Name:  20190422_135220.jpg
Views: 1378
Size:  123.5 KB

Name:  20190422_135226.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  111.4 KB

Name:  20190422_135234.jpg
Views: 1482
Size:  130.8 KB

Name:  20190422_135152.jpg
Views: 1611
Size:  104.7 KB

Name:  20190422_135204.jpg
Views: 1519
Size:  106.2 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That small fort is magnificent Julián. Just what I was after. You can put me down for one of those and the town buildings as soon as they are finished. The whole set looks great.
    Rob.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Seconded :)

Hello, I show you some pictures of the finished and painted buildings. I hope you like them

I will proceed to clone in mid-May (I have to bring resin from Madrid).

Best regards,
    Julián

Name:  20190426_152529.jpg
Views: 1762
Size:  172.4 KB

Name:  20190426_152559.jpg
Views: 1899
Size:  140.6 KB

Name:  20190426_152622.jpg
Views: 1559
Size:  166.0 KB

Name:  20190426_152629.jpg
Views: 1579
Size:  148.0 KB

Name:  20190426_152701.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  140.8 KB

Name:  20190426_152722.jpg
Views: 1860
Size:  173.9 KB

Name:  20190426_152731.jpg
Views: 1690
Size:  164.5 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Superb Julián.

With that much choice, I can build a small seaport with just two sets of buildings or so. Also not loads of duplicates all the same.
    Thanks.
    Rob.

Superb Julián.

With that much choice, I can build a small seaport with just two sets of buildings or so. Also not loads of duplicates all the same.
    Thanks.
    Rob.
    There is no equal building, they are all different. I plan to put on sale in two different ways, the first one as an entire kit of all the buildings and the second option each building separately. That way you can buy the starter kit and then buy a separate building that you want to repeat.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    There is no equal building, they are all different. I plan to put on sale in two different ways, the first one as an entire kit of all the buildings and the second option each building separately. That way you can buy the starter kit and then buy a separate building that you want to repeat.
    That is superb Julián. Just saves a lot of time if the whole set can be purchased in one go. Now I must start researching some Spanish small seaports in the Caribbean to work up my model ideas.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

I absolutely love the garden in the church's cloister. It's such a simple thing, but it gives the whole model so much life.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
    I absolutely love the garden in the church's cloister. It's such a simple thing, but it gives the whole model so much life.
    I'm glad you like it

Landsman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Andy

Wow, i like your buildings!! Really Great. I think about to build build some landscape scenery. I‘ll buy some of your buildings they they are available :)

cheers Andy

Quote Originally Posted by CptHellride View Post
    Wow, i like your buildings!! Really Great. I think about to build build some landscape scenery. I‘ll buy some of your buildings they they are available :)

cheers Andy
    I'm glad that you like them. I hope to start producing on a larger scale in the middle of May, I need to get the resin first and until a friend of mine does not come from Madrid I have no option to get it.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

You've made an excellent range of buildings, very useful and very well done, picking out individual tiles on the roofs make a huge difference to the finished look of them.

I'm curious about your thoughts on 3D printing versus resin casting, will resin be a cheaper production cost, or do you get a better finished product?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    You've made an excellent range of buildings, very useful and very well done, picking out individual tiles on the roofs make a huge difference to the finished look of them.

I'm curious about your thoughts on 3D printing versus resin casting, will resin be a cheaper production cost, or do you get a better finished product?
    Cheers
    These buildings have been made in 3D printer but I have textured the roofs with putty. Then I made molds in silicone and later I obtained copies in resin.
    The 3D printing phase was made by another person that I mentioned at the beginning of this thread. I do not know much about 3D printing but I can tell you that without it, this would not have been possible since so much detail and with such straight strokes would not have been able to do it. My decision to make a roof in putty was because after seeing the building in 3D finished, I got the feeling that the roof was a bit poor and finally I decided to make the roofs in putty.

Regarding the production costs that you mention, 3D printing is not expensive in itself. I guess the expensive thing is the design of the object.
    Cloning in resin is not necessarily expensive if you get a number of copies of a single mold (amortization).

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

The main problem with 3D-printing is that it is a slow process that needs to be manually handled once in a while. Casting can be done rather quickly and in large batches, and then you let it set by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    The main problem with 3D-printing is that it is a slow process that needs to be manually handled once in a while. Casting can be done rather quickly and in large batches, and then you let it set by itself.
    That is also true.

Wow! Beautiful buildings!

Quote Originally Posted by Comte de Brueys View Post
    Wow! Beautiful buildings!
    Thank you Sven!

Hi all,
    I have everything ready to start selling the buildings. I leave a link to the website. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
    Regards,
    Julian

http://modeljship.com/en/26-terrain-...BXPV-7bBXX5C60

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Julián.
    Just tried to buy the Spanish town set, but can't get my password to work. When I requested a new one, I got the Re register E-mail but nothing had changed.
    Rob.

Hi Julián.
    Just tried to buy the Spanish town set, but can't get my password to work. When I requested a new one, I got the Re register E-mail but nothing had changed.
    Rob.
    Rob, it's strange that you can not access from your email with a new password
    If you can not access you will have to make another profile.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I will have another shot at it tomorrow when I can check if I still have my cookies switched on.
    Rob.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Those are great looking buildings, Julian!

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Those are great looking buildings, Julian!
    Thank you David!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Worked O.K. this time Julián.
    Thanks. Rob.

Worked O.K. this time Julián.
    Thanks. Rob.
    Ok, have you seen that the fort is not included in the town kit?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

No Julián, missed that with all the problems.
    I will have to send another order. Thanks for spotting the error.
    Rob.

No problem, I still have two Forts of that type. I can buy one of them without the outer works.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Great Julián.
    I see you let me know the place for ordering the fort. I will send another Pay-pal payment.
    Rob.

Great Julián.
    I see you let me know the place for ordering the fort. I will send another Pay-pal payment.
    Rob.
    Rob, have you already received the return of the other two payments you made earlier?

I'm going to prepare an invoice with everything you want and I add the PayPal account where you can make the payment.
    Greetings.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Yes thanks. Paypal is all sorted and refund made.
    Rob.

Yes thanks. Paypal is all sorted and refund made.
    Rob.
    Rob, I have sent you a pdf with the invoice at your mail. Confirm that you have received it correctly.

Recived

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks again for all your effort in sorting this out for me Julián.

Rob.

Thanks again for all your effort in sorting this out for me Julián.

Rob.
    Thank you for your purchase

I have already started with the cloning of the buildings.

Name:  20190530_152143.jpg
Views: 1745
Size:  150.9 KB

Name:  20190530_152155.jpg
Views: 1415
Size:  147.8 KB

Name:  20190530_152208.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  148.8 KB

Name:  20190530_152221.jpg
Views: 1598
Size:  140.1 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Impressive Julián.
    Rob.

Hello all,

I share the latest building at my website. It is a generic bulwark. The scale is similar than my spanish buildings. Its measures are approx. 9 x 9 cm and the highter point 2 cm. I hope you like it

Name:  20190615_165931.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  147.0 KB

Name:  20190615_165940.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  148.2 KB

Name:  20190615_170003.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  133.2 KB

Name:  20190615_170008.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  136.1 KB

Name:  20190615_170015.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  133.1 KB

Name:  20190615_170021.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  130.1 KB

Name:  20190615_170029.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  122.4 KB

Name:  20190615_170045.jpg
Views: 1370
Size:  145.9 KB

Name:  20190615_170054.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  156.0 KB

Name:  20190615_170246.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  152.2 KB

Name:  20190615_170257.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  166.5 KB

Name:  20190615_170437.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  125.0 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That is another amazing product Julián,and ideal for defending your new town. What it could do with now are some free standing Ravolins to guard the entrances of all your Fortresses. That and some lengths of wall sections would mean we could personalize our Forts and surround the town with defences.

Name:  300px-Star-Spangled_Banner,_Fort_McHenry_National_Monument,_Baltimore,_Maryland_(14311492319).jpg
Views: 3123
Size:  14.0 KB

Name:  1416486768.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  24.0 KB

Rob.

That is another amazing product Julián,and ideal for defending your new town. What it could do with now are some free standing Ravolins to guard the entrances of all your Fortresses. That and some lengths of wall sections would mean we could personalize our Forts and surround the town with defences.

Name:  300px-Star-Spangled_Banner,_Fort_McHenry_National_Monument,_Baltimore,_Maryland_(14311492319).jpg
Views: 3123
Size:  14.0 KB

Name:  1416486768.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  24.0 KB

Rob.
    I'm working in it

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

You are beginning to become the "Clipper" of the Anchorage Julián.

Rob.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

Beautiful! I've been looking for more fortification options like this. I'm eager to see how you incorporate it into your harbor pieces.

Beautiful! I've been looking for more fortification options like this. I'm eager to see how you incorporate it into your harbor pieces.
    Hello Jason, I'm glad you like it. Keep in mind that this fort is exclusively for the land area therefore I will put it in the inner part of the city instead of the coastal part.

Thank you for the rep!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am sure that we are not the only ones keen to avail ourselves of some parts for fortifications Jason.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Hmm... I might need to place another order to Spain soon...

Beautiful. I'll be putting in an order shortly!