Thread: Looking forward to Sunday

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steve

Default Looking forward to Sunday

I have some of the guys from my Model Club coming over for a ‘game day’. We plan on having three setups SoG, WoG WWI/WW2 and X Wing. My wife is making Chili and we have various snacks etc. The only rule is NO DRINKS ON THE GAME TABLES....I shudder to think what a spilt can of Coke would do to all those maneover cards and the game mats. Should be a blast.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Have a good one Steve and please try to get pictures.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I hope that you and your friends will have a great time, Steve.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steve

Some pics of the mayhem. While all of us are pretty well versed on WoG, Sog is very new to most of the guys so we played a basic game to get them used to ship handling etc...everyone enjoyed it and of course they now want to buy the game.....a real shame Ares havent seen fit to re-issue the core set.

WoG first (hope thats ok posting them here)
    Name:  IMG_1350.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  124.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_1351.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  139.0 KB

and then, after a decisive win for the German side

SoG..... and a lot of confused faces
    Name:  IMG_1352.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  82.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_1357.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  61.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_1366.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  65.4 KB
    The french players had a tough time of it because we were using variable wind and almost immediately they had it against them and it stayed that way for the rest of the battle.

In this case each side lost one ship so we declared it a draw as people had to get home.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

No problem posting our sister game here Steve.
    It is good to see some of your friends starting on the long voyage of discovering Sails.
    Well done for getting them interested at least. Hopefully we will get some more Starter sets before we all go to Davey Jones's Locker.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Just as long as you didn't post X-Wing pictures

Actually one of the groups I game with uses the X-Wing maneuver system for WoG instead of the cards. I have not tried it yet but it looks interesting.