Thread: What's on your workbench for March.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default What's on your workbench for March.

Mostly pots pans and tins of food for the next couple of months, whilst we get the new kitchen and extension built.

Name:  IMG_7524.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  121.3 KB

One good side effect is that over the last two days I stripped out the old Kitchen cupboards and installed them in what will be my new games room. Now all my fleets are ensconced within oak cabinets as part of my Captains Cabin.

Name:  IMG_7525.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  200.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7526.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  179.7 KB

When the new kitchen lower units arrive I am going to scam the two lower oak cupboards and put them under the ones already in with an oak top running the whole length to make a display shelf.
    The other side of the room will be my chart table which will double as the Wargames table. That is still some months away.

Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 03-20-2019 at 15:07.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

I am entertaining making a boat in 1/72 scale. It is a Cog of the War of the Two Roses, specifically the Cog of the Earl of Warwick.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  265.3 KB

Name:  20190321_160243.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  121.6 KB

Name:  20190321_160312.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  109.5 KB

Name:  20190321_160338.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  131.7 KB

Name:  20190321_160403.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  121.3 KB

As a base to make this ship I used a boat from the brand ZVezda, Thomas. Scale 1/72

Name:  51onRlZScjL.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  101.1 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Looks as if this is going to be a stupendous job Julián. I will follow your progress with the utmost interest.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    Switzerland

Log Entries
    Name
    Peter

Nice project, Juliŕn!

My project,not only in march is a carrier from the 19th between Avignon and Arles in Frans.
    I build it in paper, its a cardboard kit. It's 1/100.

Name:  DSCN1874.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  93.8 KB

Name:  DSCN1465.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  118.3 KB
    Freundliche Grüsse, best regards
    Peter

Meine Modelle

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Nice to see a different medium being employed in the modelling stakes Peter.

That is a very smart looking model. Very skillfully made.
    Rob.

Is very pretty. Well done!

I opened a new thread in the Modeling and repaints subforum.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

If we can keep other people off it I will post it in the "How to" section once you finish it Julián.
    Do you have the facility to close your thread?
    Rob.

Ok, if I understand correctly, you want me do deleted the post to publish it once finished, right?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

No! Julián.
    I just wanted you to close the thread whilst you worked on it, but I checked and it is a power that you do not have.
    As an Administrator I see rows of options that you obviously can't see. It is hard to discover which you don't have.
    I had to get Mrs Bligh to log in to test it out.
    Just carry on and I will fish out any extraneous posts at the end.

Rob.

Ah! I get it. Do not worry, I interpreted it differently, things of the translation hehehe

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I know exactly what you mean Julián.
    Rob.

Made a little upgrade for the ships I want to use in Prague.

Sails are painted with CITADEL - Shade Seraphim Sepia ad the masts were colored a little bit. Still no ratlines because I store my ships in the original boxes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am really looking forward to playing in your games at Prague Sven. We travel two weeks tomorrow.
    Rob.

Maybe not that extraordinary like the Battle of the Nile, but I think we‘ll have fun.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I have still to think one up for Doncaster this year, but I am getting an idea for another one with some coastline in it.
    Rob.

Landsman
    Switzerland

Log Entries
    Name
    Peter

My Allčge d'Arles ist just finished in March!

Name:  DSCN1928.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  113.0 KB Name:  DSCN1936.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  109.5 KB

Name:  DSCN1937.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  151.5 KB

Now I resume my last year started HMS Wolf 1752

Name:  DSCN1502.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  93.0 KB

Best regards
    Peter
    Peter

Meine Modelle

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

My compliments Peter, both of those ships look magnificent completed or not.
    Rob.

Landsman
    Switzerland

Log Entries
    Name
    Peter

Thanks Rob!
    Peter

Meine Modelle