Thread: Ahoi from Saxony

Landsman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Alex

Default Ahoi from Saxony

Ahoi everybody,

I'm a gamer since I can remember thinking and was always fascinated with ships and the sea. Even as I was raised in an inland province I wanted to become a captain when I was a kid.

Today I'm in my middle ages and didn't become a captain in real life, so I have to command tiny little ships to get the feeling of it. We are frequently playing with our little langton toys in our local gaming group and for this years Hamburger Tactica (largest convention for historical wargaming in Germany) we will present a demonstration table with some easy-to-play homemade rules. As soon as I get the forums permission I will post some pictures of the building process in the hobby sub-forum.

Cheers, Alex

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good afternoon Alex and welcome to the Anchorage on behalf of all your shipmates based here, or out upon the seven seas. My own harbour is about as far from the sea in England as you can get. Your forum permission is in place as we converse and I look forward to seeing your pictures.
    Meantime may you sail with a fair wind and a willing foe.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Servus Alex,

Der Opa meiner Frau wohnt in Tharandt. Der kannte noch einen von der Wismut, der mit Günther Prien zur See gefahren ist.

Heißt nicht, das aus Sachsen keine Seefahrer kommen.

Willkommen im Anchorage.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Alex, from here in the United Kingdom.

Landsman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Comte de Brueys View Post
    Servus Alex,

Der Opa meiner Frau wohnt in Tharandt. Der kannte noch einen von der Wismut, der mit Günther Prien zur See gefahren ist.

Heißt nicht, das aus Sachsen keine Seefahrer kommen.

Willkommen im Anchorage.
    That's true, ~1000 years ago the Saxons even came over the north sea to pay a visit to England ;)

Thanks for your warm welcome!

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Welcome Alex, from here in Bristol UK