Thread: Ship Cards for USS United States/President?

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Default Ship Cards for USS United States/President?

$12 for another USS Constitution? Sure! It’s in my mailbox now, have to brave the rain to go get it. Just need a reversible ship card to place in the holder and wondered if someone out there had made one up previously for print out?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Where did you pick up a Constitution for $12 Bruce?
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Where did you pick up a Constitution for $12 Bruce?
    Rob.
    eBay. Oh, wait, $12.99. Nobody bid against me. The same guy had a beautiful modified Victory that went for something like $15, but I didn’t really need a second one. Not quite as good as getting the Royal George and Montagne for a grand total of $10.99 the same day (free shipping) on Amazon, but at least I didn’t have to reinstall a broken foremast.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Well all I can say is well done the diligent man. It's more than I have ever managed.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Congratulations on hunting down those bargains, Bruce!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

About the ship card Bruce. I have a spare what I call the ship card with the pictures of the Constitution on it.
    I suspect that what you call the ship card is a base card. If so what do you want on each side of it. United States on one? and President on the other? If so I will need the stats for each ship.
    Rob.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

About the ship card Bruce. I have a spare what I call the ship card with the pictures of the Constitution on it.
    I suspect that what you call the ship card is a base card. If so what do you want on each side of it. United States on one? and President on the other? If so I will need the stats for each ship.
    Rob.
    Base card, whatever the rules call it, I just didn’t have them in front of me (opening the box and looking...yes, base card). Presumably the same as the Constitution: 5 veer, 5 Burden, Manuever Deck L. USS United States and USS President.

Ship card. Hmmmm, well, now that I think about it, I suppose those, too. I know there was individual variation at any given time between the ships, but to depart from the same as the Constitution then requires a change to the Ship Log, so unless anyone has already worked that out, keepin all that the same beyond maybe a sticker for the name seems wisest. I just wanted to be able to identify the ships apart to avoid confusion (I’ll probably give the actual ship a yellow ochre stripe rather than the stock white one).

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Right I'll see what I can do Bruce.
    Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I seem to remember Dave Manley converted a HMS President, so he may have a card already made up

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Thank’ee all!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Right I'll get on with the United States one, while you see if Dave has the other.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here is my first offering Bruce.

Name:  USS PRESIDENT_edited-1.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  332.0 KB

Name:  USS PRESIDENT BASE CARD.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  296.3 KB

Name:  USS PRESIDENT SHIP LOG_edited-1.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  339.3 KB

And your alternative suggestion in buff.

Name:  USS PRESIDENTSTRIPE_edited-1.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  332.2 KB

Hope it meets the remit.
    You should find the cards I place in my Album print out the right size in Microsoft Office but may need adjusting to your printer slightly. I will iron out that patch I just spotted before the final selection.

Tomorrow hopefully The "United States."

Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 02-14-2019 at 04:34.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Simply wow! Wonder if I can get these the right size from my iPad, if not, i’ll Have to see what I actually have on my computer (photoshop at the worst).

(Edit in: glad I tried that in b&w first - iPad failure to get the right size, going to computer)
    Last edited by Corsair; 02-13-2019 at 14:09.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That has put those right.
    Now the United States.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

There you go Bruce.

Name:  USS UNITED STATES__edited-1.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  332.5 KB

Name:  USS UNITED STATES BASE CARD.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  305.5 KB

Name:  USS UNITED STATES SHIP LOG_edited-1.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  340.6 KB

Name:  USS UNITED STATES STRIPE_edited-1.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  332.7 KB

Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Nicely done Rob.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Thank’ee, sir!

Attention. Salute!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Chris,I'm gradually getting the hang of playing about with these ships colour schemes.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    Thank’ee, sir!

Attention. Salute!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Also thanks Bruce for the 17 gun. "If I wasn't a gunner I wouldn't be here." You obviously know your correct number of salutes. You can now pick up the real quality examples from my Album.
    Rob.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Richard

Excellent work, Admiral Bligh! I had been holding off purchasing additional copies of the Constitution in the hope that Ares would come out with an official set, but these are way too nice! I can feel the pressure building on my wallet already.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

If you really come a cropper Bruce, PM me with your snail mail and I'll send you a printed set. If so will yo want the white strake or the buff for each ship?
    Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 02-14-2019 at 13:19.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

If you really come a cropper Bruce, PM me with tour snail mail and I'll send you a printed set. If so will yo want the white strake or the buff for each ship?
    Rob.
    Yellow. I usually seen the Constitution depicted with white, and the United States with yellow, though those things seemed to vary at any particular moment. The President I’m not sure about one way or the other, but I’m going to repaint the Hull stripe with yellow ochre, so it might as well be yellow, also. I tend to err on the side of easier visual identification.

Salutes. The thing is that I wasn’t sure if there is a different etiquette for Admirals of the Red, Blue, or White, such as there are for Rear and Vice Admirals. So, just went with seventeen and hoped I wasn’t about to be blasted out of the water! ;-)

Edit in: I see - you have one of each. Will go through my computer and print them and see how they turn out, but I’m getting all my games together for the weekend (OrcCon here in SoCal). The GM for the SoG tournaments provides the ships, so there is no hurry.
    Last edited by Corsair; 02-14-2019 at 12:19.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDog7 View Post
    Excellent work, Admiral Bligh! I had been holding off purchasing additional copies of the Constitution in the hope that Ares would come out with an official set, but these are way too nice! I can feel the pressure building on my wallet already.

Yes, now I feel the desire to get a third copy. Really would like a Constellation/Congress model from Ares. I suppose a Hebe class would reasonably do for the Chesapeake.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

OK Bruce. You get the ships, tell me what you want and I'll give the cards a go for you.
    Rob.