Thread: Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail PC Game

Default Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail PC Game

This is a single player game being developed by the same group, Game Labs, that produced Naval Action. It is an offshoot of their successful grand tactical game Ultimate General Civil War.

UA: AOS will involve both land and sea actions at a fleet/squadron level as opposed to Naval Action where the player controls one ship. The developer is Nick Thomadis, Darth from Total War mods fame. Hopefully they will start beta testing soon!

Link with some screen shots:

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/27...l-age-of-sail/

They also have Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts in the works for fans of early steel warships (1870s - WWI is the timeline I believe). Also a single player game.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Looks interesting from the stills. A familiar format to several games I have previously played.
    Thanks for bringing it to our attention Eric.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    This is a single player game being developed by the same group, Game Labs, that produced Naval Action. It is an offshoot of their successful grand tactical game Ultimate General Civil War.

UA: AOS will involve both land and sea actions at a fleet/squadron level as opposed to Naval Action where the player controls one ship. The developer is Nick Thomadis, Darth from Total War mods fame. Hopefully they will start beta testing soon!

Link with some screen shots:

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/27...l-age-of-sail/

They also have Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts in the works for fans of early steel warships (1870s - WWI is the timeline I believe). Also a single player game.
    I'm very interested in both games, Eric. First I heard of either was from a YouTuber I watch; The Historical Gamer. If you're into computer wargaming his channel is quite good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpUqClJL5Ik&t=308s

While he's sounding excited about Ultimate Admiral I was a bit disappointed on his panning of Naval Action?
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    I'm very interested in both games, Eric. First I heard of either was from a YouTuber I watch; The Historical Gamer. If you're into computer wargaming his channel is quite good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpUqClJL5Ik&t=308s

While he's sounding excited about Ultimate Admiral I was a bit disappointed on his panning of Naval Action?
    Yeah I follow him. I think the explanation is that he is more of a traditional wargamer rather than a gamer playing MMOs or multiplayer arena games (WoT, WoWs). So multiplayer on PC is more of an opponent in the sense of a ftf hex and counter wargame. UA fits the definition of a wargame more the NA does. Single player controlling an army/corps/squadron, etc.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    Yeah I follow him. I think the explanation is that he is more of a traditional wargamer rather than a gamer playing MMOs or multiplayer arena games (WoT, WoWs). So multiplayer on PC is more of an opponent in the sense of a ftf hex and counter wargame. UA fits the definition of a wargame more the NA does. Single player controlling an army/corps/squadron, etc.
    Based on his other videos I certainly agree with your read on his focus.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb