Thread: Good to be back

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Robert

Default Good to be back

Back after a long time i hope, several reasons first photobucket now charges and i just don't have the spare funds for that, second a death in the family, we have all been there before. I would like to get back to work on a few ships and post some pics but i need a free image hosting site like photobucket what do you guys use, don't even know if there are any for free, i tried dropbox was not able to sign up for some reason. If i can't post picks i will just try to keep lurking about to see what's going on here.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

I just upload my pictures to here? I take them with my phone, crop them as needed on the phone, and presto!

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

...of course, I haven't figured out how to save them to my SoG album from my phone.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good to have you back Robert. Nearly a two year voyage into the unknown.
    I remember one of the last thing you said to me was about the red lids to my gun ports on my HEIC Nottingham Frigate.
    You should be able to post pics as Dobbs says straight off your phone as long as they are not too many megabytes.
    Anyway I hope you enjoy the site as you explore what has been going on.
    May you sail with a fair wind.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Robert

Thanks guys i didn't know you could load them straight to the thread, i have some cheap photo software i bought a few years back and i nice cannon camera i will take a few pics and crop them down very small and give that a try. Thanks for the help.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome back, Robert.

If you click on the icon of a tree inside a square just above the reply box you will be able to upload a picture from your computer directly into a thread. Then, if you go to your SoG album and click on upload photos, you will be taken to the attachment manager window, which will enable you to transfer the picture you uploaded into your SoG album.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

The only limit in size is that if they are too big, the site will scale them down to maximum 800 pixels in either direction.

If you have a good program like Photoshop I would recommend scaling them down yourself to that size.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Robert

Thanks for that info that will help a lot, I have Photoshop on my mac but the mac has has a few issues can't get on the internet anymore i will try the software on my windows pc not nearly as good but i think it will work. Once again thanks for the info i am shore i can make it work.