Thread: Another rule I totally missed

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steve

Default Another rule I totally missed

The ‘repair’ token may be used, once per game to clear all normal damage from one box. I don’t know how I missed that one, when things get tough that could make quite a difference. I guess that’s the problem with not being able to play against others, there is no-one to fact check your play.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

You have my sympathies, Steve. May I suggest that you leave a message in the U.S Fleet thread asking for players in Iowa to contact you. Also, I find it useful to reread the rules from time to time.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I agree Dave. I always find something new every time. The main problem is rules which alter as you move up the scale to advanced. I often mix earlier ones with the later advanced ones.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

There a few little known rules which normally catch the eye upon second or third reading, we used a little used rule a few weeks ago at the Partizan show, the continuous fire rule, against a weakened opponent it can be very useful
    Last edited by Capn Duff; 08-28-2018 at 04:20.

A normal Sails of Glory evening starts with a basic rule game, that ends after a few moves.

Standart game with two cards planed follows und the third one ist the most intersting when you bring the crew actions and their limitation with the advanced rules.

The repair token is a valuable one, especially when you meet those crazy Brits with their favour for double shots and close range.

Unlucky if you have no other player in range - try to visit one of our European CONs (Doncaster or Prague).

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    There a few little known rules which normally catch the eye upon s3cond or third reading, we used a little used rule a few weeks ago at the Partizan show, the continuous fire rule, against a weakened opponent it can be very useful
    Thanks for reminding me Chris!
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.