Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Ship cards

Just tried this out for those who like to leave captured ships on the table.

Name:  SURRENDERED SHIP.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  29.6 KB

Name:  SHIP CARD._edited-1.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  151.8 KB

Name:  STRUCK SHIP CARD.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  152.7 KB

The small one at the top is to fit my card holder.

Any preferences shipmates?

Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 07-14-2018 at 08:39.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Good idea Rob, I will make a copy of these.
    We need both types

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Which wording do you prefer Chris?
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

It is a good idea to produce these cards, Rob. However. just a small point, I think that you should remove the white flags from the images because flying a white flag was not necessarily a sign of surrender, rather it was a request for a truce. The sign of surrender was hauling down your ship's colours, so no flag might be more appropriate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Striking_the_colors

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

And as in this example it was the Royal French ensign before the revoution.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I was aware of this chaps. It was just an easy way for me to avoid having to muck about with removing flags and filling in around a lot of rigging and adding mast extensions. I just did not have the time for all of that. Feel free to make any changes you would like. I will probably get round to it before I place them in the Files.
    Nobody has yet mentioned which wording you prefer.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

I like "Struck", but it might require more explaining to the uninitiated.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I hink we need both Struck and Captured.

Ships strike when last crew or hull box gone, they only sunk if the have water damage and then only a possability.
    Ships surrender when been boarded or if prize crew sent, in our games at least.

Prefer those to surrendered anyway

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Right Chris.
    I agree.

As for the uninitiated Dobbs, it gives a chance to interact with and initiate them.
    To be honest it was really only intended for those games where you choose the option to leave beaten ships on the table. As I have models for sinking ships and ships on fire I only need indicators for the status of ships which may be mistaken in battles of a size like the Trafalgar one which we are putting on at Doncaster.

Thanks for the input and advice chaps. Now I know better how to progress with this one.
    Rob.

Able Seaman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alan

Hope you don't mind Rob but I had some time to spare so I adjusted your excellent struck and captured ship cards.

I removed the flag and used the same font size for both cards.

Name:  SHIP CARD_Struck.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  68.4 KB

Name:  SHIP CARD_Captured.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  68.8 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good on you Alan.
    That has saved me one job extra then.
    Rob.

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    I hink we need both Struck and Captured.

Ships strike when last crew or hull box gone, they only sunk if the have water damage and then only a possability.
    Ships surrender when been boarded or if prize crew sent, in our games at least.

Prefer those to surrendered anyway
    I go with Capn Duff

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

I also like the "Both" option--leaving 'em on the table blocks Line of Fire as it would've in reality, and leaves the added challenge to a capturing captain of managing the prize-crew aboard his new asset.

First half of Wave 4 set 1 ordered, second queued and waiting for next payday. The long march on the Briefcase Monster draws to an end with its last component ordered and on the way, so I should be a little more flexible on Wings/Sails budget for a while.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Both options it is then DB.
    Good news about your Finances also.
    Rob.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Well, unless Junior gets carried away dragging us back into Jurassic Park... LOL
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.