Thread: Testing a Primer

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Default Testing a Primer

Hello!

I've been recommended from a friend to try out using an auto styled primer, so I decided to get some and give it go.

Here is the testing tank, with the product of choice.
    Name:  DSC_0073.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  134.7 KB

Name:  DSC_0074.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  134.4 KB

Unfortunately, as you can see the outcome was too great... Just to note, the tank itself is metal, but the engine deck/back is plastic.

Name:  DSC_0075.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  212.4 KB

If anyone has any recommendations for some primers, please let me know.
    No-one expects a ship full of dwarves.

I do not know where you bought that primer spray, but the most important thing of all is that the seller assures you that it will not affect the plastic. Also, it is very important to shake the spray very well, according to the manufacturer's instructions. Also, the dissolvent that can carry the spray will be very concentrated and the plastic will be eaten.
    Also, it is better to give 2 or 3 layers of primer at a certain distance instead of a single layer. I'm sorry for the tank ....

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I only use the primers that Games Workshop sells Gary. That is specifically for the type of plastic from which models of this type are made.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Thanks Rob, there was a small bookshop in Retford near where I work that sell Games Workshop stuff, managed to grab a spray can and a pot of black primer for about £12.

And don't worry about the tank, it doesn't look too bad in real life, none of the plastic has melted!!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Unlike the witch in The Wizard of Oz then!
    You going to be at Banbury on Sunday?
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Fly my pretties! Fly!
    We're going, will we be seeing you both there?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Yes Gary.
    We will be there on Sunday morning.
    Rob.