Thread: Greetings from Orange County

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Erik

Default Greetings from Orange County

I'm brand new to SoG. In fact, I don't even have my starter set yet. Ordered on Amazon today because none of my FLGSs have any in stock. I just started looking at YouTube videos about the game last night. I don't know how I missed this one. Super excied to try it out. So, if there are any members in the Orange County area I'd love to get together for a game.

I do have one concern. It seems like Ares isn't suproting the game very well. How does everyone else feel? Seems like they need to reprint a lot of products but they aren't on the schedule...and I'm worried I might not be able to get a full collection. Should I be worried, or just patient?

Thanks

“Wind is to us what money is to life on shore.” -Sterling Hayden

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Hi Erik and welcome. I got real excited when I saw Orange County, as there is an Orange County just south of where I live (Ulster County, NY)...so close and yet so far.... It took me nearly a year of scouring the internet to come up with all the SoG accessories -- they're out there, but it will take work to find them. I absolutely love the game (although I am still really learning it) and I bet you will too. The people on this site are amazingly helpful and there is a wealth of information to read and enjoy. Have fun!

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Erik, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom. I am not sure what you mean by a full collection but it does require much patience and searching to find some items. So far Ares have only reprinted the Starter Set but they may reprint other items in the future.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good to have you on board Eric. I can now welcome you formally on behalf of the rest of the sailors here at the Anchorage.
    Ares do reprint from time to time but it is a bit hit and miss with our being a bit of a niche market. With a Fleet of just over 100 ships, I can say that most battles I have fought have seldom required more than five or six a side. if you have a friend that also plays, that can cut down tour needs to buy hoards of ships somewhat.
    I am sure you will enjoy the game however few ships put to sea.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Welcome to you Erik, from Bristol , UK

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Greetings Erik. Welcome aboard the Anchorage.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Welcome to Anchorage Erik.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries