Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 68

Thread: Santisima Trinidad--New Hull, New Build--WIP

  1. #1

    Default Santisima Trinidad--New Hull, New Build--WIP

    This is my 3rd Santisima Trinidad build (thanks to Dave and the Elves). I asked Dave for two hulls and he was kind enough to supply them. I wanted to do a paint scheme that is the red and black popularized version, but also one that was closer to the official paint recommendations of the Spanish Navy. More photos to come, but I'm going to take my time on this build. Cheers.

    Two Hulls Primed, One Black Primer, One Gray Primer

    Name:  SantiBuildA.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  105.3 KB

    Name:  SantiBuildB.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  108.6 KB

    First Test of Main Sail / From an Ocean Class Ship

    Name:  SantiBuildC.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  107.2 KB

    Size Comparison with Ares Santa Ana

    Name:  SantiBuildD.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  137.9 KB

    Name:  SantiBuildE.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  126.7 KB
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  2. #2

    Default

    Sails are 'pinned' in place using salvaged masts from two damaged Ocean class ships. A major advantage of having the masts pinned is now I can remove all of them for painting, etc.

    Name:  DSC02223.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  106.3 KB

    Name:  DSC02224.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  97.8 KB
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  3. #3
    Admiral of the Blue.
    Baron
    England

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Log Entries
    11,149
    Blog Entries
    22
    Name
    Rob

    Default

    Off to a good start Jim.
    Guess I will be a follower on this one.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

  4. #4
    Captain of the Fleet
    Master & Commander
    UK

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Glos
    Log Entries
    1,544
    Name
    Chris

    Default

    Oooooohhhh a pretty nice envelope received today inside a really nice model, thank you Dave, now to start looking at masts and sails.
    I do have a question though, at the rear of the model on the stern galleries there is a small circle of material, is this part of the moulding process or something else?
    Just so I dont cut out something that should be there

  5. #5
    Midshipman
    United States

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Log Entries
    313
    Name
    David

    Default

    It is excess resin due to a flaw in the mold, it needs to be removed, glad she arrived.

  6. #6

    Default

    First pass on the painting schemes. I'm using a basic flat red for one of the ST's and warm earth yellow for the second. This Vallejo red changes appearance a lot when the light changes; sometimes it looks almost purple/pink. Hopefully a final matt finish should help with that?

    Name:  DSC02225.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  159.3 KB

    Name:  DSC02226.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  149.0 KB

    Name:  DSC02228.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  155.9 KB

    Name:  DSC02231.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  129.0 KB
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  7. #7

    Default

    Interesting side note concerning ship paint schemes that I did not know. Apparently the Santisima Trinidad was not the only Spanish ship painted red and black with white stripes. The San Nicolas, which was captured by HMS Captain (Horatio Nelson) during the Battle of Cape St Vincent, may also have had that scheme. Water colors from that battle and time seem to indicate that. Inspired by those same paintings a naval artist from Spain recently crafted his own interpretation of the San Nicolas. Carlos Parrilla Penagos is the artist.

    Name:  HMSCaptainCapturingSanNicholas.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  41.8 KB

    Name:  SanNicolas.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  170.9 KB

    The same artist has several renditions of the Santisima Trinidad with a simplified paint scheme of only red and black. No white stripes!

    Name:  STBlackRed.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  101.4 KB

    Name:  STBlackRed1.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  57.3 KB

    A book of his naval paintings is available, but you must go directly to the artist to get it. No Amazon or museum store sales.

    Name:  CarlosParillaBook.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  196.8 KB
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  8. #8
    Able Seaman
    United States

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Idaho
    Log Entries
    66
    Name
    Richard

    Default

    This book is on my wish list once I get past a few other purchases.

  9. #9
    Admiral of the Blue.
    Baron
    England

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Log Entries
    11,149
    Blog Entries
    22
    Name
    Rob

    Default

    Interesting bit of research there Jim.
    Only red and black eh.
    Now which way do I jump when I start the Santisima tomorrow?
    She does look intimidating in all red and black.
    Thanks for the information once again.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

  10. #10
    Able Seaman
    United States

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Idaho
    Log Entries
    66
    Name
    Richard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Interesting side note concerning ship paint schemes that I did not know. Apparently the Santisima Trinidad was not the only Spanish ship painted red and black with white stripes. The San Nicolas, which was captured by HMS Captain (Horatio Nelson) during the Battle of Cape St Vincent, may also have had that scheme. Water colors from that battle and time seem to indicate that. Inspired by those same paintings a naval artist from Spain recently crafted his own interpretation of the San Nicolas. Carlos Parrilla Penagos is the artist.

    Name:  HMSCaptainCapturingSanNicholas.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  41.8 KB

    Name:  SanNicolas.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  170.9 KB

    The same artist has several renditions of the Santisima Trinidad with a simplified paint scheme of only red and black. No white stripes!

    Name:  STBlackRed.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  101.4 KB

    Name:  STBlackRed1.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  57.3 KB

    A book of his naval paintings is available, but you must go directly to the artist to get it. No Amazon or museum store sales.

    Name:  CarlosParillaBook.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  196.8 KB
    Jim, I really like the looks of San Nicolas in red. I'm hoping we'll see that paint scheme if Ares gets around to the Spanish 80-gun ships.

  11. #11
    Admiral of the Blue.
    Baron
    England

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Log Entries
    11,149
    Blog Entries
    22
    Name
    Rob

    Default

    I have a feeling we will see it weather Ares get around to it or not Richard, That is if Clipper's Elves have any say in the matter.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Interesting bit of research there Jim.
    Only red and black eh.
    Now which way do I jump when I start the Santisima tomorrow?
    She does look intimidating in all red and black.
    Thanks for the information once again.
    Rob.
    The one painting/photo might be too small to catch the white lines? The larger one I increased in size late last night and you can almost see a hint of white on the bottom of each red band. It's kind of a dilemma I admit. Not sure what I'll end up doing plus the chart tape may well stand out too much?
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  13. #13
    Captain of the Fleet
    Master & Commander
    UK

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Glos
    Log Entries
    1,544
    Name
    Chris

    Default

    I have gone for the red black scheme

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    I have gone for the red black scheme
    I'm leaning the same way, Chris.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  15. #15
    Admiral of the Blue.
    Baron
    England

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Log Entries
    11,149
    Blog Entries
    22
    Name
    Rob

    Default

    That is always a problem with scaled down stuff Jim. Mrs K keeps saying I should add more shading to my models, but at that scale it just makes them look mucky and undelineated in their detail. i think IO will join you two gents.
    Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 04-13-2018 at 11:22.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

  16. #16

    Default

    Here's an update I'll share, but please keep in mind that I did this test in less than five minutes. With time and more patience I think the results could be acceptable. Right now it's very rough.

    So it occurred to me that I have a whole set of fine line art pens, primarily black, brown and red. But a quick trip to Michael's craft store and I was able to locate a fine line white paint pen that's oil based. I gave it a go just to see how it looked at two feet and it's OK. With the extra paint, plus red and black ink pens I have I'm pretty sure I can give my ST white lines that won't look too bad?

    Name:  DSC02235.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  164.4 KB

    Name:  DSC02236.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  167.0 KB

    Name:  DSC02237.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  129.5 KB

    You'll notice that the inks are glossy, but after I'm done with the fine tuning I'll paint the ship with a matt preservation liquid, which should remove the shiny quality.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  17. #17
    Midshipman
    United States

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Log Entries
    313
    Name
    David

    Default

    Excellent idea Jim! Might I suggest doing the white first in a generous application, then painting the red-it is easier to paint a wider line than a thin one, and you can brace your brush for a smoother line, I caught the elves doing that once . . .

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clipper1701 View Post
    Excellent idea Jim! Might I suggest doing the white first in a generous application, then painting the red-it is easier to paint a wider line than a thin one, and you can brace your brush for a smoother line, I caught the elves doing that once . . .
    Great idea, Dave! While at the store I picked up some angled brushes that would do just that with red over white.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  19. #19
    Able Seaman
    United States

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Idaho
    Log Entries
    66
    Name
    Richard

    Default

    I see Jim has opted for battle sails for his version of Santissima Trinidad. How are the rest of you planning to fit your ships out?
    Last edited by SeaDog7; 04-14-2018 at 15:51.

  20. #20
    Admiral of the Blue.
    Baron
    England

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Log Entries
    11,149
    Blog Entries
    22
    Name
    Rob

    Default

    Using sails from an Ocean Class ship will mean battle sails for me too Richard.
    I just happen to have a spare Orient knocking about for this.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

  21. #21
    Captain of the Fleet
    Master & Commander
    UK

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Glos
    Log Entries
    1,544
    Name
    Chris

    Default

    I am the same, I had a spare Montange so battle sails also

  22. #22
    Admiral of the Blue.
    Baron
    England

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Log Entries
    11,149
    Blog Entries
    22
    Name
    Rob

    Default

    Here is some ten year old news. Has anyone seen any update or confirmation of this so called find.


    A recent equipment demonstration done by Simrad Spain detected a wreck which, according to early indications, could be the legendary vessel of the Battle of Trafalgar, the Santisima Trinidad.
    Example data from the EM302 installed on the hydrograhic vessel Tofiño operated by the Spanish navy, imaging the Straight of Gibraltar.
    Example GeoAcoustics side scan sonar data imaging a shipwreck in great detail (not the Santísima Trinidad in this case, the data has not yet been released by the Spanish navy).
    Artist impression of the Santísima Trinidad autorised by its author Carlos Parrilla Penagos.
    The Hydrograpic Vessel Malaspina operated by the Hydrograpic Institute of the Spanish Navy.
    Last year, staff from Simrad Spain performed a demonstration of a side scan sonar from GeoAcoustics A Kongsberg Company onboard the hydrographic vessel Malaspina operated by the hydrograpic institute of the Spanish navy. They decided to do an in depth study in an area where a KONGSBERG's EM302 multibeam echo sounder, already installed on the vessel, had previously made some discoveries that called for attention. The target is in about one hundred meters depth, off the coast of Cadiz in Southern Spain. Already with the first high-resolution images obtained with the GeoAcoustics Dual Frequency side scan sonar, it was confirmed that this was a reasonably well-preserved ancient shipwreck.
    Driven by the excitement of finding and collating historical data on the sinking of the Santísima Trinidad, the team registered and recorded numerous side scan records in order to supply data to the University of Cadiz. The latest reports suggest that this really is the famous vessel, but this still needs to be officially confirmed.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

  23. #23
    Midshipman
    United States

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Log Entries
    313
    Name
    David

    Default

    Wow! If the elves were not so busy I'd send them over for a look. . .

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Here is some ten year old news. Has anyone seen any update or confirmation of this so called find.


    A recent equipment demonstration done by Simrad Spain detected a wreck which, according to early indications, could be the legendary vessel of the Battle of Trafalgar, the Santisima Trinidad.
    Example data from the EM302 installed on the hydrograhic vessel Tofiño operated by the Spanish navy, imaging the Straight of Gibraltar.
    Example GeoAcoustics side scan sonar data imaging a shipwreck in great detail (not the Santísima Trinidad in this case, the data has not yet been released by the Spanish navy).
    Artist impression of the Santísima Trinidad autorised by its author Carlos Parrilla Penagos.
    The Hydrograpic Vessel Malaspina operated by the Hydrograpic Institute of the Spanish Navy.
    Last year, staff from Simrad Spain performed a demonstration of a side scan sonar from GeoAcoustics A Kongsberg Company onboard the hydrographic vessel Malaspina operated by the hydrograpic institute of the Spanish navy. They decided to do an in depth study in an area where a KONGSBERG's EM302 multibeam echo sounder, already installed on the vessel, had previously made some discoveries that called for attention. The target is in about one hundred meters depth, off the coast of Cadiz in Southern Spain. Already with the first high-resolution images obtained with the GeoAcoustics Dual Frequency side scan sonar, it was confirmed that this was a reasonably well-preserved ancient shipwreck.
    Driven by the excitement of finding and collating historical data on the sinking of the Santísima Trinidad, the team registered and recorded numerous side scan records in order to supply data to the University of Cadiz. The latest reports suggest that this really is the famous vessel, but this still needs to be officially confirmed.
    I remember seeing this story, but as far as I know no one has tried to further the investigation? I wish they would, but that's likely a very expensive undertaking.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  25. #25

    Default

    I could spend more time on the painting, but I think I should quit while I'm ahead (as the saying goes). Still need to finish up the bow painting, sails, hammock netting details and some touch up on the stern gallery, but it's coming together.

    Name:  ST4.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  114.7 KB

    Name:  ST3.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  81.9 KB

    Name:  ST2.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  103.5 KB

    Name:  ST1.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  104.4 KB
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  26. #26
    Captain of the Fleet
    Master & Commander
    UK

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Glos
    Log Entries
    1,544
    Name
    Chris

    Default

    Nice to see this comeing along, I hope to get a pic of my version up soon

  27. #27
    Admiral of the Blue.
    Baron
    England

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Log Entries
    11,149
    Blog Entries
    22
    Name
    Rob

    Default

    Certainly doing justice to Clipper's superb hull casting Jim.
    Hoping to get mine started sometime this week.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

  28. #28
    Captain of the Fleet
    Master & Commander
    UK

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Glos
    Log Entries
    1,544
    Name
    Chris

    Default

    Here some pics of my version of Clippers hull











    I went with the classic red/black scheme, rigging using the bristle method and an approximation not full as I prefer this way, ratlines all Langtons PE01 brass etched.
    Still a bit to be done but almost complete for me. Hull was dipped in soft tone Army Shader which left it a bit glossy, I may paint over with a matt varnish later.
    Last edited by Capn Duff; 04-16-2018 at 17:51.

  29. #29
    Midshipman
    United States

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Log Entries
    313
    Name
    David

    Default

    Looks great! I have to wait till the elves are done with my taxes so I can rally them back into the shop! The Santa Ana hull is underway . . . doing her old school from a pine block!

  30. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Here some pics of my version of Clippers hull











    I went with the classic red/black scheme, rigging using the bristle method and an approximation not full as I prefer this way, ratlines all Langtons PE01 brass etched.
    Still a bit to be done but almost complete for me. Hull was dipped in soft tone Army Shader which left it a bit glossy, I may paint over with a matt varnish later.
    Awesome, Chris! You're way ahead of me; got the pennants, rigging and ratlines all in place! It looks great. So have the stats folks decided what goes on to the ship card and ship mats yet?
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  31. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clipper1701 View Post
    Looks great! I have to wait till the elves are done with my taxes so I can rally them back into the shop! The Santa Ana hull is underway . . . doing her old school from a pine block!
    Looking forward to that Santa Ana, Dave. I've just been looking at your aircraft carrier builds on the Aerodrome. So has anyone rented a school gymnasium so they could recreate Midway in 1/200? Great stuff.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  32. #32
    Admiral of the Blue.
    Baron
    England

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Log Entries
    11,149
    Blog Entries
    22
    Name
    Rob

    Default

    I guess I'd better get started on my model soon then.
    Can't imagine where all the time has gone this last week.
    A very admirable rendition of the ship Chris.
    Rep on the way.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

  33. #33
    Captain of the Fleet
    Master & Commander
    UK

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Glos
    Log Entries
    1,544
    Name
    Chris

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Awesome, Chris! You're way ahead of me; got the pennants, rigging and ratlines all in place! It looks great. So have the stats folks decided what goes on to the ship card and ship mats yet?
    I have printed off a base card using, Burden 6, Man deck F, Veer 2 plus I entended the red band due too its lack of manouverability. I am looking at making two versions of the log, one keeping her in line with other Spanish releases and one at -1 to bring into line with Brits and French with my other Spanish three deckers
    Last edited by Capn Duff; 04-17-2018 at 03:22.

  34. #34
    Admiral of the Blue.
    Baron
    England

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Log Entries
    11,149
    Blog Entries
    22
    Name
    Rob

    Default

    May I cadge a copy off you when finished please Chris.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

  35. #35
    Captain of the Fleet
    Master & Commander
    UK

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Glos
    Log Entries
    1,544
    Name
    Chris

    Default

    Certainly Rob, Ill post it once completed.

  36. #36
    Admiral of the Blue.
    Baron
    England

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Log Entries
    11,149
    Blog Entries
    22
    Name
    Rob

    Default

    Cheers Chris.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

  37. #37
    Able Seaman
    United States

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Idaho
    Log Entries
    66
    Name
    Richard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Here some pics of my version of Clippers hull











    I went with the classic red/black scheme, rigging using the bristle method and an approximation not full as I prefer this way, ratlines all Langtons PE01 brass etched.
    Still a bit to be done but almost complete for me. Hull was dipped in soft tone Army Shader which left it a bit glossy, I may paint over with a matt varnish later.
    Very nicely done, sir! I do like the look of the battle sails. Thanks also for the note on the ratlines too: they look very sharp. Rep point sent!

  38. #38

    Default

    Latest work on the ST. Rare earth magnets in place, sails in place and matt coating applied. I'll have to wait on further progress for the finish to dry; usually takes a good 24 hours. Cheers!

    Name:  ST1.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  91.0 KB

    Name:  ST2.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  84.9 KB

    Name:  ST3.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  91.2 KB

    Name:  ST4.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  91.5 KB

    Name:  ST5.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  98.1 KB

    Taken at about One Foot Distance
    Name:  ST6.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  98.3 KB

    Ship card place holder to show final look
    Name:  ST7.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  97.6 KB
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  39. #39
    Captain of the Fleet
    Master & Commander
    UK

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Glos
    Log Entries
    1,544
    Name
    Chris

    Default

    Like the masts painted red and always liked the earth magnet on the base and sails.
    Really well done Jim

  40. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Like the masts painted red and always liked the earth magnet on the base and sails.
    Really well done Jim
    Thanks Chris. I know the red masts are not likely historically accurate, but I took inspiration from the artist who did this illustration. Also, thank you for the rep.

    Name:  STRedMasts.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  37.4 KB
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  41. #41
    Captain of the Fleet
    Master & Commander
    UK

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Glos
    Log Entries
    1,544
    Name
    Chris

    Default

    My version completed just need to complete ship mat


  42. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    My version completed just need to complete ship mat

    Looks great, Chris!
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  43. #43
    Admiral of the Blue.
    Baron
    England

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Log Entries
    11,149
    Blog Entries
    22
    Name
    Rob

    Default

    Cracking job Chris.
    Mine is still ghost white I'm afraid.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

  44. #44
    Captain of the Fleet
    Master & Commander
    UK

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Glos
    Log Entries
    1,544
    Name
    Chris

    Default

    Glad you like and thanks all for the rep, hope it inspires others to give her a bash, was a pleasure to work on Clippers model

  45. #45
    Admiral of the Blue.
    Baron
    England

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Log Entries
    11,149
    Blog Entries
    22
    Name
    Rob

    Default

    Well here we go Chris.

    Name:  IMG_6000.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  203.6 KB

    White undercoated at last, and with the amputee in the background ready to sacrifice itself to provide the necessaries for the completion of the Santisima.

    The down side is that with a game in the solo campaign to sail tomorrow I will not be able to get back to painting until the weekend.

    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

  46. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Well here we go Chris.


    White undercoated at last, and with the amputee in the background ready to sacrifice itself to provide the necessaries for the completion of the Santisima.

    The down side is that with a game in the solo campaign to sail tomorrow I will not be able to get back to painting until the weekend.

    Rob.
    Anxious to see your progress.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  47. #47

    Default

    With the exception of an appropriate ship card and mat my Santisima Trinidad is complete. I toyed with the idea of doing the running rigging, but that urge passed by quickly. I'm really out of practice, but pleased with the sculpt from Dave and the end result. You'll notice from the pictures I have the ship backwards on the ship card, but I've been shoveling snow several times today so I'm a bit out of it. Cheers!

    Name:  ST1.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  112.6 KB

    Name:  ST2.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  117.2 KB

    Name:  ST3.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  112.9 KB

    Name:  ST4.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  122.0 KB

    Name:  ST5.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  90.7 KB

    Name:  ST6.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  131.2 KB
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

  48. #48
    Midshipman
    United States

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Log Entries
    313
    Name
    David

    Default

    Wow! I want one now!

  49. #49
    Captain of the Fleet
    Master & Commander
    UK

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Glos
    Log Entries
    1,544
    Name
    Chris

    Default

    Superb rendition Jim

  50. #50
    Admiral of the Blue.
    Baron
    England

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Notts
    Log Entries
    11,149
    Blog Entries
    22
    Name
    Rob

    Default

    I like the dark red masts. Makes her look more sinister Jim.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •