Thread: Third "of Glory" game soon on Kickstarter

Default Third "of Glory" game soon on Kickstarter

Spaceballs of Glory on Kickstarter soon!
    I am proud to announce that Metro-Goldwin-Meyer finally licensed us rights to publish Spaceballs of Glory, an official game in the bestselling "of Glory" line of lines. Co-designed with Andrea Mainini, the game will feature famed starships as Eagle V and Spaceballs I from the 1987 Spaceballs movie, plus further elements from Spaceball: the Animated Series and from the two unreleased sequels of the movie, Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money and Spaceballs 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2.
    Pre-assembled, pre-painted miniatures will be released, even if the exact scale of the models has still to be chosen. "Spaceballs of Glory will be launched on Kickstarter at ludicrous speed", told me Roberto Di Meglio from Ares Games.
    An interesting feature is that the game will be 100% compatible with any Yoda-style-numbered episode of any space saga you like. You will be then able to play with any Lettered-Wing spacecraft and scarce-aim bad-guy-manned interceptor that Matchbox, Hot Wheels and Revell abundantly produce in such a suitable scale. You will be able to refight epic movie scenes with the friends-and-family oriented, fully scalable up to 100 players with no downtime, buy as less as you want and enjoy the game for years anyway style of playing that already made Wings of Glory and Sails of Glory so successful.
    Here a shot of a playtesting session with my handmade prototype. I will discuss the game with the public in a conference about Sci-Fi and games at Deepcon in Fiuggi, Italy, on April 19th. A game session will be held at Prague Con, the European meeting of Wings of Glory and Sails of Glory players, on April 21st. Stay tuned!

Name:  Spaceballs.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  180.7 KB

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

And a Happy April Fools Day to you as well Andrea. We laugh, but I suspect the game would actually be funded if this were the real deal.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Haha-

Nice!

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Nicely done, I must admit to doing a double take and my SWMBO asked why I was staring open mouthed with a look of disbelief

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Very amusing sir.
    A great jape.
    Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The elves were NOT amused, they had collected all their lunch money and asked for time off for the premiere!

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

and I already bought the matchbox toys that are from a shiney glowing things in the sky battles which make up a long series of campaigns that are usually called lots of battles.

Doh!

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Now if Crimson Skies were ever to get the WoG/SoG treatment that WOULD be worth an investment.

Able Seaman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Now if Crimson Skies were ever to get the WoG/SoG treatment that WOULD be worth an investment.
    I will second that one!!!