View Poll Results: Where should I put my next purchase money?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Finish Sails Wave 3

0 0%
  • Wings WWI Series 3 reprint

0 0%
  • Wings WWII BoB release

0 0%
  • Start on Sails Wave 4

4 100.00%
  • Something else! (Explain in post)

0 0%

Thread: POLL TIME! Budget Allocation...

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Default POLL TIME! Budget Allocation...

Guys, things have slowed down enough on the budget that I have about $100 to work with on minis, and I need some help prioritizing on which of these is going to sell out first. Where should I put my money if I don't want to get left behind now that I've fallen behind?

--Finish off Sails Wave 3
    --BoB Starter and first few Squadron Pack birds
    --Wings WWI Series 3 Reprint
    --Sails Wave 4

Anything else I'm behind? My last purchase was my review samples of Sails Wave 3 about a year ago; I'm sitting out Tripods & Triplanes on the Martian side, and if I buy in on the planes for it somebody's getting a deal on a starter stripped of its Navarre Nieuport.

If you've voted here, please DON'T vote on this at the Aerodrome; ditto on this one if you've already voted over there.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 01-28-2018 at 19:04.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Get some new ships.

I voted for Wave 4.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

After consideration I also voted Wave four, but with very little to go on as I do not know your most imminent needs nor your collection to present. Therefore, I took the safest route. My reasoning was thus.
    Reprints assume you already have some of the selection from earlier. So dismiss them. Sails wave three. As you have some they may well also be a representative of each type. Therefore no again. That leaves the thorny question of B.O.B. and wave Sails on a shortlist of two. Either of these being attractive, I finally went for Sails 4 because, we have fewer overall choices of types in sails and therefore need these additions to maximize variation in our game-play. Also they are out six months earlier and may well dry up first, although this is not a given because ships do seem to hang around longer. The clincher for me was the fact that the choice of B.O.B. planes seems to have been heavily criticized on the Drome.Not unusual, I admit, but the ships seem to have been received well here, and I am enjoying converting them as well. i know this is maybe not what you want to hear but it is my best shot DB.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I also voted wave 4, purely as the size controversy with the Spanish in wave three is just too depressing.
    Wave 4 80 guns are just as bad but at least you can hide them in amongst your other ships, the Spanish just stand out more

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

One other thing to note, I always do my buying in ~$100 blocks to stay just above CSI's free-shipping threshold. I'm usually a two-of-everything on Sails, one-of-everything on Wings.

Chris, it gets better... EDIT: Oops, I was wrong, Flag on the Play--upon closer inspection 108 *is* the open-gallery after all.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 02-01-2018 at 11:51.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Problem is, I don't *ever* play much beyond solitaire scenarios.

Adding the votes across both sites:
    7 WWI Series 3
    4 Sails Wave 4 (1st half)
    2 Sails Wave 3 (finish off)
    2 WWII BoB
    2 write-in
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB