Thread: Online Ship/Contents List - DISCUSSION THREAD

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Default Online Ship/Contents List - DISCUSSION THREAD

Folks, I've opened up this thread for discussion of the Online Contents List over at https://sailsofglory.org/showthread....Online-Edition --my intent is to keep that thread clean so that as new products drop, I just have to slide new posts on and rearrange existing ones as necessary to slot things in.

If you have suggestions for what I can improve, I'd appreciate it; if you have questions, I'll do my best to provide answers--and if anybody wants to take a run at filling in the blanks on Waves 1B, 3 and 4 (I'll reproduce my post template here), I'd welcome the help.

Here's how I build a typical Ship Data table:
    [SKU] - [Releases]
    Special notes for this sculpt: [any applicable notes]

Release Side 1 Side 2 Official Portrait
    Wave _
    SKU
    [ship]
    Dates in service: [date] - [date]
    Battle history:
    • event
    [ship]
    Battle history:
    • event
    [portrait here]
    Wave _
    SKU
    [ship]
    Battle history:
    • event
    [ship]
    Battle history:
    • event
    [portrait here]
    Wave _
    SKU
    [ship]
    Battle history:
    • event
    [ship]
    Battle history:
    • event
    [portrait here]
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Hey DB. I just put my entire SoG collection into storage so I wont be much help here, but I to like this resource a lot. Here's a question: I know Anchorage Accessories aren't produced by Ares, but don't they have some official recognition by headquarters and might be included in the accessories list? Items would include the wooden measuring stick, the wooden weather gauge, the brass ratlines, the acrylic broadside markers, etc. Just a thought? Cheers!
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Good point, Jim. Ares never assigned SKU's for the ones in the Sails KS like they did in Wings Giants, even though I thought I made a good case for why they should at least note 'em in the catalog.

That's also why I asked for discussion over here, so I can just tack on additional posts over there as needed for an uninterrupted flow of information as you read. :)
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

This seems a very valuable resource, Diamondback, and thank you very much for providing it. However, could you please change the colour of the pale turquoise and yellow entries to something that is easier to read?

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

David, I was trying for something like "French Blue" for France and Gold for Spain. Will change Spain to Orange, and if you can suggest a blue for France that'll be readable but readily distinguishable from US dark blue I'd appreciate it.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

French changed to 0000FF Blue, US to 000080 Navy Blue, Spanish to Goldenrod as a test. Let me know if it works better!
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Those colours are an improvement. Thank you, Diamondback.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Agreed. Much easier on my old eyes shipmate.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.