Thread: Medals and promotions Board.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Not a promotion as such, but Dave,Naharaht, has just gone second in the overall number of postings at the Anchorage.
    Well done Dave.
    Bligh.
    Congrats Dave!
    B.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Once more this month Jason is the top poster by a good country mile. Congratulations to him for attaining Top poster Gold in such a short time span. At this rate his Mess bill will be astronomical. Drinks are on him once again.
    Bligh.
    Last edited by Bligh; 08-01-2019 at 00:58.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

After consulting the Oracle, I discover that Jason is also the most prolific Thread starter this month. Therefore, I am pleased to award him his silver medal for this achievement. Even more drinks!
    Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

Yikes! I put up a book review too.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for mentioning it Jason. I do not get automatic notifications about medal worthy actions so unless people tell me it is only when i happen across these things by accident that they get dealt with. I will look into your medal for that forthwith.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

So Jason scores a hat trick today. He now has a book review medal too.
    Don't know what the rest of you are doing?
    Bligh.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Many congratulations, Jason!

The system is designed so that the higher we climb, the harder it is to reach the next milestone, Rob.

Well done.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post

The system is designed so that the higher we climb, the harder it is to reach the next milestone, Rob.
    LOL, thanks everyone. It's still a while until I can take my lieutenant's exam.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post

Some medals are easier to attain than others. Book review being one of them. You can attain gold by only writing four good reviews. The same goes for the Solo campaign to some extent. Write five AARs and you get a medal each year.

Rob.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

I'm a precocious young man intent on an ambitious and adventurous career in His Majesty's Navy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Do join the Sails campaign then Jason. That not only gets you medals if you complete five AAR's but adds to your tally of posts thus having a double effect. It can also get you mor Rep points which will get you yet more medals although somewhat slower.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

Hmm... I might have to. But besides all that, thank you all for making the Anchorage such a fun place to hang out online!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good to hear Jason.
    That is what we set out to do all those years ago, but it's always great to get confirmation that we are still doing it right.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Well Jason has done it again. This month it gives me great pleasure to award him the second most prestigious medal in the Monthly thread starter category. Top thread starter Gold.Well done Jason. Keep up the good work.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Post Doncaster there should be a plethora of medals once the 3 and 4 year ones are produced. for now the best I can do will follow shortly.
    Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

To kick us off Sven, Comte de Brueys has gained his Doncaster GM two year medal.Name:  DoncasterSoGGM-02.png
Views: 1349
Size:  14.8 KB
    Congratulations Sven.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Next we have the award of 2 year Participant medals. This starts with Gary, aka McDorf.Name:  Doncaster14-02.png
Views: 6696
Size:  19.3 KB
    Congratulations Gary.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

the next award of 2 year Participant medals goes to Dave Manley.
    Congratulations Dave.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Followed by Ensign Patch.Arr!
    Congratulations Simon.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Then by two of our overseas compatriots. The first of whom is Arrdvark.
    Congratulations Guus.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And last but not least Dan Sam.
    Congratulations Daniel .

Bligh.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Congratulations everyone!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

Wow, thanks!

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations to you all.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here is the next award from Doncaster.
    Dave Manley receiving the Admiral's Trophy Award for most points in the Sails games last weekend at Doncaster.
    This is the second time he has won this award, the first being in 2015.

Name:  IMG_8248.jpg
Views: 1268
Size:  150.4 KB

Name:  IMG_8249.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  120.7 KB

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Apologies to Dave, Naharaht, for omitting him from the medal awards for Doncaster. He has of course gained the two year participant medal this year.
    Congratulations Dave.
    Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I now come onto the awards of the Anchor for services to Sails.

First up is Sven Comte de Brueys. His award is for putting on Sails games at Doncaster and also helping myself in running my own games over several years.

Name:  IMG_8243.jpg
Views: 1238
Size:  136.5 KB

Name:  IMG_8246.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  134.4 KB
    Also the prize for my own game of the Basque Roads.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Next Chris. Captain Duff.

Awarded for running all the games of Sails at shows up and down the country and establishing the first tables especially for those games in their own right.

Name:  IMG_8236.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  131.5 KB

Name:  IMG_8237.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  134.1 KB

Bligh.
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-04-2019 at 13:08.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Third Anchor to Simon, Ensign Patch for putting on his Pirates games at shows up and down the country

Name:  IMG_8238.jpg
Views: 1269
Size:  115.6 KB

Also a Special award held over from last year when he was unable to be with us,

Name:  IMG_8240.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  124.5 KB

The Black Pig award.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And finally Silver Anchor Award goes to Daniel, for introducing and encouraging Sails games at Prague Con. now known as Wings of Prague.

Name:  IMG_8233.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  121.0 KB

Name:  IMG_8234.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  134.7 KB

Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Congratulations to everyone, it certainly looks as if the Doncaster event was very successful and you all had a good time.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It gives me great pleasure to award the first medal to Achim, aka Argo for posting one hundred photos.

Name:  100photos.png
Views: 1102
Size:  31.0 KB

Bligh.

Well done Achim.

I now come onto the awards of the Anchor for services to Sails

Bligh.
    Missed this, but l‘m happy you wrote some lines about your fellow sailors.

It was a pleasure to help you running the scenarios, Rob.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Congratulations, Achim, on posting your first 100 photographs.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

Thank you - I did't know that there are rewards for this .

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

If you look in the Medals section on the top bar of the page you can check out all those available to shipmates. When you reach a milestone, if I have not spotted it just apply for the medal.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

A little late with this one, but only just had time to count up. The month of September Top Poster medal Awarded to the Sailor with the most posts for a given month.goes to John Vagabond.

Well done sir.
    Bligh.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Congratulations, John, on your award for being 'Top Monthly Poster'!

Congratulations

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Thanks shipmates, it must have been a slow month, is Jason not well? Hope he gets better soon.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Jason has reached the limits of greatness with Gold award John.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Jason has reached the limits of greatness with Gold award John.
    Rob.
    Well I'm glad he's well

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

A bevy of new Medal awards for Doncaster today as the three and four year medals are now up.
    Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Firstly, I have great pleasure in awarding the Four year GM medal to Chris, Captain Duff.

Name:  DoncasterSoGGM-04.png
Views: 1178
Size:  14.8 KB

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Next. I have great pleasure in awarding the Four year Participation medal also to Chris, Captain Duff.

Bligh. Name:  DoncasterSoG-04.png
Views: 2095
Size:  19.4 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Then I come to the Three year Participation Medals. The first of which goes to Neil Union Jack with my great pleasure.
    Name:  DoncasterSoG-03.png
Views: 2645
Size:  19.1 KB

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The second to Simon,Ensign Patch with my great pleasure.
    Name:  DoncasterSoG-03.png
Views: 2645
Size:  19.1 KB

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Finally, a medal for this first issue to my old friend and Wargaming chum Andy. Captain Kiwi.

Bligh.