Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1236

Thread: Medals and promotions Board.

Congratulations to Paul and Jed and anyone else I've missed over the last couple of months I've been at sea! Well done sirs!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the top poster medal bronze for September is awarded to Eric, DeRuyter.
    ongratulations Sir.

Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It gives me great pleasure to present September's top monthly silver medal award to Dobbs.
    Congratulations sir.

Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

We now come to the Medals and awards for Doncaster.
    The first of which goes to Captain Dave Manley who receives the four year participant medal.

Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

He also recieves the medal for assuming the role of Games Master during my Dubrovnik game.

Congratulations again Dave.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Guus, Aardvark recieves the medal for participating in the Sails campaign at Doncaster for the third successive year.
    Congratulations to you sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Lex, Opdam also receives this medal for his role in my Dubrovnik game.
    Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Gary, McDorf. gains the exclusive four year medal as a participant at Doncaster.

Congratulations Gary.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Andrew,CptPugwash also gains the Participant Medal for playing at Doncaster.

Congratulations Andrew.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The next series of honours were presented at Doncaster this weekend for services to the Anchorage.
    Firstly, Captain Dave Manley was awarded the Golden Anchor Award for the work done both here and on the trials of the Game before it was released.
    Congratulations Dave.

Bligh.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-04-2022 at 04:50.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Chris, Captain Duff also gained this award for his work as Captain of the Fleet and also for the years of arranging and running the games we put on at all the shows around the country.
    Congratulations to you also sir.

Bligh.
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-04-2022 at 04:50.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Silver Anchor award was awarded to Guus, Aardvark for commanding the Dutch Squadron, and continued support for the Doncaster event, and also to Lex for his support to Guus and the Doncaster event each year.

Bligh.
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-04-2022 at 04:53.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The final award of the weekend was presented to our good Captain Duff who won both of the games which I and Dave Manley GM'd by a good sea mile and then added an extra five points by GMing the third game. This resulted in his name appearing on the Admirals Trophy for a second time to equal Dave Manley's record.
    Last edited by Bligh; 10-04-2022 at 05:14.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Having finally run to earth Reg, Dr Maturin, I can now present him with his three year participants medal for Doncaster.

Congratulations Reg.

Bligh.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Congratulations all, Gentlemen!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Congratulations to Howard, SkeenaH on gaining promotion to Ordinary Seaman.
    Bligh.

Ordinary Seaman
    Canada

Log Entries
    Name
    Howard

Thank you kindly Sir! All the practising running up the rigging paid off…
    I think I’ll add a dash of rum to this mornings coffee to mark the day

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Our top monthly poster medal for October is awarded to Uwe, Jack Aubrey.

Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And our top monthly thread starter for October is Kirk, aka KirkH.
    Congratulations also go to you sir.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Uwe

Many Thanks, Admiral

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

Congratulations to all of you, Gentlemen !
    Last edited by Argo; 11-06-2022 at 15:06.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulation to you all!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am pleased to announce that the Top monthly Thread Starter for November is Dobbs, and this now brings with it his Gold Medal status in this award.

Congratulations Sir.

Bligh.
    Last edited by Bligh; 12-01-2022 at 09:52.

Congratulations Dobbs!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The top monthly poster award Silver for November is awarded to Eric, DeRuyter.

Congratulations also to you sir.

Bligh.

Cogratulations Eric!

Thanks! Now if only I could finish some ship models!

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

For the second month running Eric, DeRuyter is awarded the medal for most posts. This now means that he holds the gold medal in this award.

Congratulations Lieutenant.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The top thread starter award for December goes to Gary, Baxter. This also brings up his Gold Medal in this category.

Congratulations Midshipman.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

We now come to the New Year's Honours List.

The medal for the Top Yearly Poster for 2022 is awarded to Vol,Volunteer.
    Thank you for all your participation during the year.

Congratulations Sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The medal for the Top Yearly Thread starter 2022 is also awarded to Vol,Volunteer.
    Thus being the first officer to do the double in the yearly awards.

Congratulations again sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It is my great honour to inform the Fleet that I am instructed by the members of the Admiralty Board to inform you that the Sails of Glory Service Medal has been unanimously awarded by the members of the above Board to Keith, First Naval Lord and Royal Hajj.
    This is a prestigious medal award to a select few for their dedication of time and knowledge to helping to keep the Sails of Glory Anchorage website a reality.

I would like to also add my congratulations Keith and thank you for all your efforts in establishing the site and in ensuring its smooth running over all this time.

Your Obt. servant,
    Wm. Bligh. Secretary to the Navy Board.

Congrats to all. especially to Vol. for posting all his wonderful models!

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

A belated congratulations to all the medal recipients, well done.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It gives me great pleasure to announce the award of the medal of 100 rep points to Achim, Argo for his contribution to the Anchorage.

Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

Thank you for the rep, my Admiral and all of you! It's an honor being part of this gallant crew !

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am pleased to be able to announce the award of the 50 Rep points medal to Mike, MVBell.

Congratulations Sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Our top monthly poster medal for January is awarded to our new shipmate Lt.William Bush.

Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Our top poster medal for January is also bagged by William Bush.

Congratulations once more sir.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Lt. William Bush

I thank you, Admiral.

I shall assure you that I shall further dedicate myself to conscientious duty for our King.

Lt. Bush
    "Jeder Krieg, auch der siegreiche, ist ein Unglück für das eigene Volk, denn kein Landerwerb, keine Milliarden können Menschenleben ersetzen und die Trauer der Familien aufwiegen."
    Helmuth von Moltke d. Ä.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I never doubted your devotion to duty Mr. Bush.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

Congratulations, Mr. Bush.
    An excellent introduction here at Anchorage

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I can also report that Mr Bush has now risen from the position of OS. and is now rated as Able.

Congratulations Mr Bush.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Lt. William Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    I can also report that Mr Bush has now risen from the position of OS. and is now rated as Able.

Congratulations Mr Bush.

Bligh.

Thank you, Admiral.

Me thinks that Argo appears to have been recently promoted as well and is now rated as Midshipman.

Lt. Bush
    "Jeder Krieg, auch der siegreiche, ist ein Unglück für das eigene Volk, denn kein Landerwerb, keine Milliarden können Menschenleben ersetzen und die Trauer der Familien aufwiegen."
    Helmuth von Moltke d. Ä.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thank you for pointing this out Lt. Bush you have a keen pair of eyes. i will act on the sighting with rapidity.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It has been brought to my ayttention that Argo has now passed for Midshipman.

Congratulations Achim.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

For the second month running the Top Poster Medal is awarded to Lt. William Bush.
    Congratulations on gaining your Bronze Star Lt.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Also for the second month Lt. Bush is awarded the Top Monthly Thread Starter Medal, again with Bronze Star. Thus achieving the distinction of a double double.

My heartiest congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Lt. William Bush

I am honoured, Admiral!

And I am looking forward to the opportunity of hopefully adding some daring deeds next Sunday to my many words.

Lt. Bush
    Helmuth von Moltke d. Ä.