Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Server upgrades.

Keith has posted this message on the Drome.

It is once again time for me to do some server upgrades on the site. Due to real life things going on in my life right now, I'm having someone else do the majority of the work. This means I do not know exactly when the change will hit the server, but they should be happening within the next week.

As a precaution, if you are working on a large post like an AAR, I highly suggest that you compose it in something like Word or note pad on your local computer. You can then copy and paste it into the site post editor. That way, if the changes start happening to the site while you are writing, you will not lose anything because you have a local copy on your computer.

Thanks,

Keith.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Also this one which explains the problem with the Anchorage Store.

Hi guys,

I have been working on this error, but it has not been something I've been able to figure out. To make matters worse, the error showed up while work had me testing over night and we were in the process of refinancing 2 house, buying a 3rd and moving! So needless to say, things have been very busy on my end.

Some of you might have also noticed some small "glitches" here on this site as well. To address both of these issues I am having some upgrades done to our server. I've posted a thread in the News & Announcement section to cover those.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alastair

Thanks Rob

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Since the Upgrade there appears to be a problem with uploading an image from a URL.

Whenever I try, I receive this error message," Upload failed due to temporary writing file".
    Last edited by Naharaht; 10-24-2017 at 23:46.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I have found that I can use it, if I untick the box saying "retrieve remote file and reference locally".

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

Had no problem uploading mine for Doncaster Aboukir Bay. Worked as normal.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Is there a limit to how many files we can upload into the File Upload Manager, please?

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

I dont think so. I've uploaded arounf 150 on the Drome and about 6-10 on the anchorage. There is a wait after you upload them for a moderator to ok them before they actually can be seen by everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Is there a limit to how many files we can upload into the File Upload Manager, please?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

You should not be having any problems Dave.
    Send Keith a message here.

http://www.sailsofglory.org/showthre...arting-tonight

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Keith.
    I have just noticed that something has gone awry with the Doncaster Medals that Eric put up in September since the Upgrade.
    They now give all the info in plain text in our Avatar box but the pictures don't show up in the main medal awards list.
    Rob.

Wings site still down then, or is it just me?

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Looks down to me too

Some Captains returned from a long range patrol?

The Aerodrome is still out of action.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The Aerodrome is back online but many photographs have disappeared. I have sent a message to Keith.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    The Aerodrome is back online but many photographs have disappeared. I have sent a message to Keith.
    I posted about that this morning as well.
    B.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Yes just got back on myself and all my albums and everything has gone. Over 6000 pictures.
    Rob.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

All my photos were corrupted, so I've deleted the albums

2nd Lt
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bob

I try logging in to the Drome and get an unsafe site message. Any other word about this ?

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Yes just got back on myself and all my albums and everything has gone. Over 6000 pictures.
    Rob.
    Rob, I can see you pictures in your albums.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Keith has posted that the recently updated security certificate still needs moving over from the old site. Also the pictures file. once this is completed everything should be back to normal.
    Rob.