Hybrid View

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Matt

Default New to the Forum

Ahoy, shipmates!

Although I signed up a couple of years ago, it was at a time when things were more amorphous and I was not able to post...and so now I am 'legitimate' in being able to post and reply!

I have been playing Wings in its various forms for several years now, and Sails has crept its way into the game realm, too - one of our guys we regularly play with is an avid naval enthusiast. ANYWAY - it's a great game and I look forward to playing more often. Meeting Simon (Ensign Patch) this past summer only fueled my desire to get more 'into' the whole 'Sails' experience.

I look forward to being a member of this Forum!

All the best,
    Matt

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Welcome Matt.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Matt

I have to say that my 'first' experience with Sails gaming was with Wooden Ships and Iron Men in 1975 when I was stationed in West Berlin. That's when I also discover the "Bolitho' series of books at the NAAFI in the British Sector - I grabbed 'em all and read them cover to cover - then came the Hornblower series from Penguin shorty after...I was hooked

We've started playing Sails in our little group here, and it's great stuff! I think a pirate ship is in the offing for the near future...

All the best,
    Matt

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bob

I used to play Wooden Ships. As a matter of fact I was picking up after my dog this afternoon and saw my copy. I didn't remember bringing it home from storage.
    Welcome aboard!

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Rick

Hello Matt. What part of Ohio do you hail from? We are starting a Sails of Glory Group at Game Haven - right across from The National Museum of the US Air Force and Wright Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, Ohio. We are looking for interested captains.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Matt, from here 'Across the Pond'. There is much on this site to help you enjoy the game and do feel free to ask any questions you may have. You will find that members here are very friendly and helpful.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Matt. Here is your formal welcome to the Anchorage from myself on behalf of all the sailors who frequent these waters.
    I thought I recognised your e-mail address when I registered you.
    May you sail with a fair wind and vanquish your enemies.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Matt

I'm in Springboro, Rick, and know exactly where Game Haven is. When do you meet to play Sails? I'm already spoken for on the second Saturday of the month with the Wright Flight guys at Epic Loot for WWI Wings...

All the best,
    Matt

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Rick

Thanks for getting back with me. We are setting up Wings of Glory for Nov 11 and Sails of Glory on Nov 18 but I don't have it confirmed yet. For Dec, we are shooting for Wings of Glory on Saturday 16th but we have not confirmed yet.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Rick

Matt - we have confirmed those dates listed above at The Game Haven. I hope we see you.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Hi Matt and welcome to you.
    I also played WSIM as well as SPI Frigate, had the old Talonsoft (John Tiller) sails computer game also.
    Any questions about sails ask away someone will have an opinion . Good to see you here