Thread: Chinese Castles

Landsman
    New Zealand

Log Entries
    Name
    Peter

Default Chinese Castles

Hi,
    I picked up a couple of Chinese Castles (1/1200) on my travels. We are going to adapt them for SoG, where can I get some cannon to put on the platform? Also my son is going to rig our models- what would you recommend he do, any good threads. He is a good modeller/painter unlike his old man.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Peter.
    You can obtain your guns from Brigade Models.

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Small.../SSS-8049.html

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

There are some threads here on the Anchorage on suggested methods of rigging.

If nothing else you can look at the pictures of ships made by Julián (redcoat) and then if you decide to aim a little lower I would suggest looking at pictures of Chris (Capn Duff) or me for different ways of rigging your ships.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Peter.
    You can find information on rigging here.

http://sailsofglory.org/content.php?...a-with-rigging

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    New Zealand

Log Entries
    Name
    Peter

Thanks for the help.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

My pleasure Peter.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

If you use sewing thread, remember to use a synthetic thread as cotton will slacken when humidity changes.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alastair

Thanks for the link to Brigade Models Rob, just spent 20 UK pounds on lots of stuff

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Glad to be of service Peter. It has reminded me that we really need to add useful addresses to a special thread.
    Rob.

Landsman
    New Zealand

Log Entries
    Name
    Peter

If you use Rod Langton ratlines the scale will be off- in reality is there much difference?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Peter.
    Chris (Boney10) uses them for his ships, and i think somewhere on here he has done a size comparison although I'm not sure where. If you contact him he will tell you where it is.
    Rob.