Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Henstrigg.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Liverpool.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Peak District The Anchor.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Grimsby.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Grimsby.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Lymington.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Chaple le Ferne.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Boston.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Chelmsford.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Rock Point, the French Lts. pub. St. Austel.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Last edited by Bligh; 04-06-2021 at 13:22.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hull.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Ware.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Boston.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Cannon Tavern Ware.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Dover.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Dredging the bottom of the barrel now shipmates

.Henley.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Bristol.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The Peterboat at Leigh-on-Sea, Essex.

Name:  _117325471_de27.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  110.2 KB

Name:  feb981eef4e8e1f36994d589610a60a2.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  28.2 KB

A Peterboat or Peter Boat is a type of fishing boat.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Folkstone.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral Sir Charles John Napier KCBGOTERN (6 March 1786 – 6 November 1860) was a British naval officer whose sixty years in the Royal Navy included service in the War of 1812, the Napoleonic Wars, Syrian War and the Crimean War (with the Russians), and a period commanding the Portuguese navy in the Liberal Wars. An innovator concerned with the development of iron ships, and an advocate of humane reform in the Royal Navy, he was also active in politics as a LiberalMember of Parliament and was probably the naval officer most widely known to the public in the early Victorian Era.

The Napier.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Brighton

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thornton Heath.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Harbour Tavern Bridlington.
    Last edited by Bligh; 04-18-2021 at 05:06.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Waymouth.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Padstowe.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hessle

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Good Intent: (Great Britain) probably refers an 18th century Revolutionary War-era pirate ship; a large three-masted square-rigger type ship that could be fitted with well over twenty cannon and a accommodate a crew of around two hundred or more men. The Good Intent finished out it’s service as a brig/prison ship. May 20, 1779, the Good Intent was captured (along with Hunter, Sorel, L’Epervier) by the Américaine under the command of Captain Paul Eudes de la Cocardière. It was subsequently taken to New York.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The Rising Tide at Glounthaune, Cork, Eire.

Name:  the-rising-tide-12056.jpeg
Views: 2513
Size:  38.7 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Great to see you back on this thread Dave. I was feeling very lonely. i will try to find one for today before putting the thread to bed at the end of this month unless you have any more magic to effect!
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Mevagissey.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Ware

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sheerness

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Morning Star (1809 ship) was a schooner launched in 1805 in the United States of America, possibly under another name. From 1809 she sailed under British registry. She sailed to Africa, the Mediterranean, and South America. She was last listed in 1833.

Liverpool.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Padstowe.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet Sir Cloudesley Shovell was an English naval officer. As a junior officer he saw action at the Battle of Solebay and then at the Battle of Texel during the Third Anglo-Dutch War. As a captain he fought at the Battle of Bantry Bay during the Williamite War in Ireland.

London.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Ware.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Bridlington.

Stirling Castle was launched in 1829. She wrecked in 1836 on Eliza Reef on passage from Sydney for Singapore and Manila.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Jack Sparrow Bar, Staines.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Lifeboat Inn. Folkstone.
    Last edited by Bligh; 05-03-2021 at 03:11.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Oceanic Steam Navigation Company, more commonly known as the White Star Line (WSL), was a British shipping company. Founded out of the remains of a defunct packet company, it gradually rose up to become one of the most prominent shipping lines in the world, providing passenger and cargo services between the British Empire and the United States. While many other shipping lines focused primarily on speed, White Star branded their services by focusing more on providing comfortable passages for both upper class travellers and immigrants.

Liverpool.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Langport.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Morning Star at Belfast.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Gunwarf Portsmouth

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

St Austell.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Greenwich.

Avalon, Santa Catalina Island, California

Name:  IMG_0472.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  242.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0473.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  209.3 KB
    "It seems to be law inflexible and inexorable that he who will not risk cannot win."
    John Paul Jones

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Nice find Anthony.
    I am fast running out of new venues.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Helston.
    Last edited by Bligh; 05-10-2021 at 12:55.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Horndean
    Last edited by Bligh; 05-10-2021 at 13:04.