Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    Yes Rob,

Last week I bought some items from Brigade Models, mi first order and I hope not the last.

I bought the Castlle of San Antonio and Menorca towers. When I receive I will post photos here to compare the measures with SOG ships.
    It will be interesting to see if those fit in with my collection of your buildings and my Langton ones Julián.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

My mind is blown. That puts to shame just about every museum diorama I've ever seen.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quite Jason.
    We mere human beings can only strive to survive in the shadow of the true Master.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Thanks for your words. I want to go back to do a harbor, possibly something inspired by the harbor of Dubrovnik

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Jason thanks for resurrecting this.

Julian this is truly awesome in its true sense of the word, all of the detail is amazingly impressive, and realistic. Your portrayal of the port as a living historical town shown by the changes in its fortification styles over hundreds of years through to the small details including the wave formations is just lovely to look at. A real feast for th he eyes.
    Amazingly well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Jason thanks for resurrecting this.

Julian this is truly awesome in its true sense of the word, all of the detail is amazingly impressive, and realistic. Your portrayal of the port as a living historical town shown by the changes in its fortification styles over hundreds of years through to the small details including the wave formations is just lovely to look at. A real feast for th he eyes.
    Amazingly well done.
    I'm glad you like it

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

What's the hill made from? Is it polystyrene?

Yes, I used polyestyrene and once a preform was made, I covered it with a paper pulp (toilet paper + water + white glue + optional color paint)

Midshipman
    Spain

Log Entries
    Name
    Ferrante

Fantastic work
    This city remembered me to my born place Alicante in the Xviii century
    I was reviewing old maps and the this remembered me

Midshipman
    Spain

Log Entries
    Name
    Ferrante

Name:  3631EE1C-4FE5-4D16-B225-04E44DBDB483.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  290.4 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I can see the similarity from the map Ferrante. It must have been wonderful to have lived there as a child with the Castle of Saint Barbara overlooking the whole town.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrante View Post
    Fantastic work
    This city remembered me to my born place Alicante in the Xviii century
    I was reviewing old maps and the this remembered me
    Exactamente, como ya mencioné en un post pasado, hace ya algún tiempo, este diorama lo hice con inspiración a la ciudad de Alicante, mi ciudad también por cierto. Saludos

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    I can see the similarity from the map Ferrante. It must have been wonderful to have lived there as a child with the Castle of Saint Barbara overlooking the whole town.
    Rob.
    I can assure you that it is very impressive to see a fortress so large that it dominates the entire city.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Must have missed the fact that you come from Alicante Julián. That will explain how close your Model is to the real thing then. I just had a look on line and that Castle complex is still something to write home about.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Must have missed the fact that you come from Alicante Julián. That will explain how close your Model is to the real thing then. I just had a look on line and that Castle complex is still something to write home about.
    Rob.
    It was considered impregnable fortress until last XIX century. And the truth is that once you have walked the places you understand the reason. The sheer terrain combined with the architecture of the fortification turned it into a giant fortress, with a fresh water supply by water wells, with large warehouses for supplies and all at a height that only the most powerful mortars could reach, provided when the artillery of the square let them approach ...

Name:  Castillo-Santa-Bárbara-Alicante-2.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  150.6 KB

The British, in the war of Spanish Succession, took the city of Alicante and entrenched themselves in the fortress. At the arrival of the French, they could only wait and dig a mine to exploit part of the castle. It was the only way to surender the fortress, through explosives and much patience.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I think you emphasized its sheer size an impregnability superbly in your Model Julián.

Rob.