Thread: Happy Star Wars Day 2017

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Default Happy Star Wars Day 2017

Happy Star Wars Day to all fans of that franchise!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Missed this one Dave.
    The Force was not strong in me yesterday.

So back at you.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Rob, maybe "This is not the post you are looking for, you can go about your business, move along"

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

I might still be an SW fan if not for first the prequels, then the present incompetent brand management who let JAR JAR Abrams ruin it like how he turned Star Trek into Star Drek... if they were gonna waste Han, he deserved better than the same kind of chump-kill as Boba Fett, which even Lucas admitted was a mistake and corrected in the Expanded Universe.

Not to mention Kathleen Kennedy running Lucasfilm, who back when Michael Crichton was a hot property took one of his best-sellers and turned it into the giant steaming turd we know as Congo... that one, after practially having it handed to her giftwrapped and Spielberg mentoring, should have been a Career Ender by itself.

So the bridge is burned here--better to cauterize the wound and spare myself further pain.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

You are not a fan then DB :)

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

I was a fan, not a Kool-Aid Chugger. :p Star Wars died for me between Jar Jar Binks and Lucas trying to say Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith and one of my personal heroes, was really a whiny little b---- like Hayden Christensen.

And speaking of WLB's, don't wind me up about that little punk who chumpkilled Han... at least the LEGO version showed him for the Farking Joke he was.

Seriously, they shat all over Jurassic Park in the sequels and IT's gotten a better deal than Indy and Star Wars combined. :(

Main point: My fandom has limits, as Ares may be about to find out The Hard Way.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Main point: My fandom has limits, as Ares may be about to find out The Hard Way.
    Couldn't agree more.

"Stan Lee Is My Master Now." >:)