Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Anyone an idea on this.

Two ships board each other. They fight until both crews run out of boxes on the same draw.
    What happens to the ships? Do they just float away into the sunset?
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Cheap prizes.

I tink it's the same result, like two ships finish off each other the same time.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That is what I thought.
    First ship to sail by the next day bags both then Sven.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

That sounds the best solution in terms of the game, Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Didnt think that could happen to be honest, no matter who initiated the combat one side draws from the bag before the other and combat stops as soon as the ship loses its last crew meaning the second ship doesnt draw so still has one crew left.
    Ill have to go back to the rule book to clarify

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I felt that if both sides initiated boarding, each drew according to the men available Chris.
    It would have been unfair if one had drawn first getting an advantage.
    Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    I felt that if both sides initiated boarding, each drew according to the men available Chris.
    It would have been unfair if one had drawn first getting an advantage.
    Rob.
    For me I didnt count it as unfair as it is a random pot luck if you draw a sailor or a blank, having more crew gives no advantage except to absorb the loss better. But fair enough if its interpreted that way, as I said Ill have a read up.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

If I did follow your lead Chris it would have been a win for Nottingham. They started off with a good advantage of men until the French had that series of zero draws, but the last one out for Nottingham was the sole hit from three draws, and it was done first, before the French.
    We will have to see if anyone finds a definitive answer. Even if Nottingham won there would not be sufficient men to

provide prize crews for the two French ships. She would have to sink them if help from port did not arrive.
    rob.