Thread: Three years before the mast

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Kenneth

Default Three years before the mast

I just noticed that in August of this year, I will have put in three years before the mast. I have played every scenario I could, I have scoured the net for ships, tokens, players aids and everything else made for the game. I have delved to the depths of the rules and made up a lot of my own. I have spent hundred and hundreds of dollars, and hosted Sails of Glory events at Rincon conventions in Tucson AZ for the last three years. I have read way, way too many postings on this site on every conceivable topic pertaining to fighting sailing ships. I have bought games written by distinguished members of this forum, and sincerely played them for months. I have said many stupid things while I was here and heard many smart replies. I have explored every avenue of this game that I could. It's time to move on. No, don't go looking on Ebay for me to unload all my ships. I am mothballing them until I catch the "fever" again. Just a quick shout-out to Gunner: Sorry we were never able to connect. You wouldn't have liked me anyway. Buh-Bye.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sorry to hear this Ken.
    You have made a great contribution to the Anchorage over those two and a half years, and I have personally benefited from your sometime sage advice and knowledge.
    I hope this is only au revoir and not goodbye.
    Do keep an eye on what is going on here.
    May you always sail with a fair wind.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I too share your thoughts and feelings. My fleet of ships has been mothballed for over two years in an unglorious tub in the garage. But I too will be waiting the tide that raises all ships : ) I keep my feet in the waters here awaiting inspiration and enjoying the fellowship. Cheers!

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Hope to see you on here at some point in the future Ken, all the best to you

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

A sad day Ken you have been a true shipmate on the forum.

Fair winds and calm seas may your journey back be as smooth.

Neil

There will be times the navy need more officers again and will end your half-pay.

Thank you for your input here.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

I agree with the sentiments shared here. I will also miss your input and hope that you will return some time in the future.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

May I echo what the others have said, Ken. Thank you for all that you have done for this game and I hope that it will not be too long before you return. Best wishes for whatever your next project is.