Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Default Scipion/HMS Scipion

In answer to a question in another thread, try this one Rob,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fren...Scipion_(1798)

The Scipion built as part of same group as Duguay - Trouin and was part of the same squadron at Trafalgar.
    Taken at the Battle of Cape Ortega in Nov 1805 and commissioned in the RN as HMS Scipion.
    As part of the same build group as the Duguay I think the details may well be the same.
    So just a name change and we may just get away with it, unless someone has a colour plate of this ship.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

But a colour plate for which year?

You can always say it differed from the year you painted, although later most British stuck to the Nelson checker with some smaller differences of details here or there. And those details probably varied according to paint availability.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Hi Jonas, I was thinking along the lines of a colour plate showingg a colour difference of some description to differentiate between the two, any year really its just an indicator of a different ship

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

A very good option Chris, but I'm sticking with HMS Belleisle simply because she served longer with the British, in the period i base most of my games, ie. pre 1805. and was on our side at Trafalgar playing a significant role. Now I just need a totally dis masted example too.
    Thanks for your trouble taken over this for me.
    Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

i am lookng to add the Scipion to my own French fleet, only have Tinternet to look for coloured prints for this 74 Temeraire class SoL, one pic I have seenseems yo show the ship painted a white with black gunports. This maybe just an anomalie of the picture, but would look good, can anyone confirm if the Scipion had a white painted hull, especially in 1805 for Trafalgar.
    Anyone who has anything on this vessel, including anything to do with the stern castle would be very appreciated