Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 377778798081828384858687888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,350 of 4777

Thread: Favourite Nautical related tipple.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

From Black Fleet Brewing there is Dungeness Cascadian Dark Ale.

Name:  Dungeness.jpeg
Views: 1932
Size:  70.1 KB

Dungeness is a headland on the coast of Kent famous for a wildlife sanctuary and a nuclear power station.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

One for the Bretheren of the coast.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The Bang the Elephant Brewing Company of Langley Mill, Derbyshire, England manufactures a West Coast Pale Ale called Thunder Child.

Name:  ThunderChild.jpeg
Views: 1530
Size:  202.9 KB

HMS Thunder Child was the torpedo ram ship which heroically attacked three Martian Tripods in H.G. Wells novel 'The War of the Worlds' to enable passenger ships of refugees to escape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Thunder_Child

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Last edited by Bligh; 02-06-2021 at 09:31.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Last edited by Bligh; 02-07-2021 at 12:29.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Here we have Cape Cod Great White Rum from the Cape & Islands Distillers of Mashpee, Massachusetts, USA.

Name:  great-white.png
Views: 968
Size:  376.2 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Also from the Cape & Islands Distillers comes Crook Jaw's Cape Cod Amber Rum.

Name:  071015CrookJawsMockfrt.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  92.8 KB

Name:  120617CrookJawsBckStoryForWeb.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  190.8 KB

Name:  SpermWhalerttolfwstroke.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  148.9 KB
    Name:  CapnIchabod.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  115.9 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

...Johann Gottlieb Friedrich "Frederick" Pabst (March 28, 1836 – January 1, 1904) was a German-American brewer for whom the was named. His early years were spent as the Pilot and later Captain of Lake Michigan steamers.
    Last edited by Bligh; 02-16-2021 at 01:25.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Could not resist this one for Simon.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Cape & Islands Distillers also manufacture Sippewissett Cape Cod Gin.

Name:  120517Sippewissett6.jpg
Views: 1822
Size:  55.6 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good to have you back Dave, and providing an example of my favoutite tipple. I am getting short of examples without a long search now.

Rob.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I am similarly finding it difficult to find examples for this and the Taverns thread. Maybe it is time to think about allowing them to fade into the archives, although that would mean that I would have much less scope for making log entries.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I can probably spin out another couple of weeks with the pubs, and get to next month with the drinks, but an a bit jaded now and as no one else seems to want to join us I will just finish what I can and then leave the thread open so that if we do happen across anything it can be dropped in. meantime we will have to see if we can get you involved in the campaign to augment your posts a bit. Meantime here is my tipple for today.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Another Queen Anne's revenge.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Well, there's Pirate tipple IN the commercial for New York GASP (Gilbert and Sullivan Players)....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgeGFhmJjrA

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

...and as long as we are at it....here is a "Flash GASP" commercial filmed at the South Street Seaport Museum -- it is why I love New York:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDDTKF9kviY

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Wentworth View Post
    Well, there's Pirate tipple IN the commercial for New York GASP (Gilbert and Sullivan Players)....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgeGFhmJjrA
    Most amusing Bill. I just finished listening to Ruddigore so that rounded things off very well.
    Won't it be great when the Theatres reopen.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Yes -- my wife and I were talking about that just last night -- can't wait for theatres and concert halls to reopen. Until then, here is some vintage video of my performance as Major General Stanley in Pirates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ch5ON1JKE

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The Fallen Acorn Brewing Company of Gosport, Hampshire manufacture a pale ale called 'She Sings Sea Shanties'.

Name:  450x450.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  29.6 KB

I suppose the challenge is to say the tongue twister after you have drunk a few pints.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Well done as Major General Stanley, Bill!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That was a real cracker Bill, and quite reminicent of my performance as Sir Joseph Porter, although that was done in the days before moving pictures were commonplace.
    Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Still getting her revenge out of a bottle.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post

I suppose the challenge is to say the tongue twister after you have drunk a few pints.
    "She sings Sea Shanties on the sea shore." There that proves one thing Dave. I have not consumed enough G&ts yet today!

Rob.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    "She sings Sea Shanties on the sea shore." There that proves one thing Dave. I have not consumed enough G&ts yet today!

Rob.
    My Dad (an old salt USN Chief Petty Officer) had one: 'She slit a sheet, a sheet she slit, a well be-slitted sheet was it"...... go ahead give it a try.....now faster....

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Well done as Major General Stanley, Bill!
    Don't let my thespian tendencies become known......