Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596
Results 4,751 to 4,777 of 4777

Thread: Favourite Nautical related tipple.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bligh; 03-13-2022 at 01:15.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Last edited by Bligh; 03-13-2022 at 09:58.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Well I have now scoured the 7 seas for tipples and am now running out of ideas.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am almost scuppered to find any more tipples!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Incoming!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

After yesterday's Scudd attack I am now well and truly scuppered for new Tipples as you can see.
    So unless any of you have any more tipples to add, not already discovered, this will be my last log entry after 7 years.

One year for each of the 7 seas we have traversed together.

Rob.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

In our this year's summer vacation I found something to revive this old thread:
    Of course the Aland islands have their own craft beer brewery, Stallhagen.
    And of course they make a beer named after their islands' popular symbol:
    Pommern Pale Ale

Name:  L1170106.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  121.2 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Nice one Achim, and good of you to keep my thread going with this life support intervention.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

One I just came across.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Lt. William Bush

96 Pages of sea-related beverages. I say!

Thankfully, the deck of the ship is careening in the swell to support everyone standing straight!

Let the men drink another tot.

Lt. Bush
    "Jeder Krieg, auch der siegreiche, ist ein Unglück für das eigene Volk, denn kein Landerwerb, keine Milliarden können Menschenleben ersetzen und die Trauer der Familien aufwiegen."
    Helmuth von Moltke d. Ä.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

This weekend we made a trip to Bruges in Belgium.
    If you are interested in beer and/or chocolate this is the place to visit.
    Among the incredible amount of different beers sold all over in the town I found one with a "Nautical" label I haven't seen before.
    The "Pannepot vintage ale" is a strong, dark brown ale from Flanders.

The "story" behind it, as it was told to me: The beer is a tribute to the Ale drunken by local fishermen from a village called "De Panne" at the coast of Flanders, and their boats were called "Pannepots".

Name:  L1170187.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  120.6 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for propping up this thread Achim. I thought it was all but extinct.

Rob.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Lt. William Bush

As it happens, today I threw away a beer bottle that would have fit here. It had a ship on it and the brandname was "Störtebeker" (a notorious pirate of the time of the Hanse). We drank it during our first round of SoG. I found a picture in the net, though.

Probably, it was the first one in that row:

Name:  Bier.JPG
Views: 1151
Size:  84.4 KB

Lt. Bush
    "Jeder Krieg, auch der siegreiche, ist ein Unglück für das eigene Volk, denn kein Landerwerb, keine Milliarden können Menschenleben ersetzen und die Trauer der Familien aufwiegen."
    Helmuth von Moltke d. Ä.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Nice one William.
    We really ran out of wind on this one with the passing of Admiral Naharaht (Dave) last year.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here is one I just happened to find whilst looking for a book.
    Admirals Old J Dark Spiced Rum.

Landsman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Chee

Already seen on this site but always a pleasure to taste

Name:  IMG_4046.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  186.5 KB

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Lt. William Bush

Name:  Heul nicht rum.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  95.5 KB

Found this picture, did not have a chance to drink it, though:

It is some German wordplay:

heulen / rumheulen = to whine
    Rum = rum

Heul nicht rum = Don`t whine! / Cut whining! OR "Don't whine" rum

Lt. Bush

P.S.
    The best thing about German humour (mark the humour not humor - this is serious):
    The joke has to be explained...
    Helmuth von Moltke d. Ä.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Just like my wine, I like dry humour Mr Bush. Henning Wehn is one of my favourite comedians.

Rob.