Thread: New Book on "Naval War of 1812"

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Post New Book on "Naval War of 1812"

For you readers, and lovers of the Naval War of 1812 - 1815 there is a new book available to both add to your knowledge and please the eye!

As mentioned in a previous thread in this section the "Society of American Naval Artist" produced a multi part documentary on the Naval War of 1812 - 1815, which may be found on You tube and also on their home web site at: https://americansocietyofmarineartists.wildapricot.org/. Well now they have produced a follow on book to go along with the documentary.

The book comes in two paperback editions one in full color containing many of the paintings used in the documentary, and the second less expensive version in just black and white! Both versions are now available on Amazon, and here is the link for the color version: http://www.amazon.com/Naval-War-1812...rhf_gw_p_img_5

You'll find the black and white version listed and it only costs $15.95.

I'm sure the write up will most likely follow closely along with the narration in the documentary, but having a book in hand loaded with more then 100 of the great paintings used in the video will be a boom to many of us no doubt! One can never have to many color references! Order soon and enjoy!!

"War is the greatest game Man can play!" BG George B. McClellan

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

After I get my copy I will post a detailed book review, unless someone beats me to it!!

Nice find! Thanks for sharing.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Very nice find. I'd like to see the documentary as well.

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Cmmdre View Post
    Very nice find. I'd like to see the documentary as well.
    Paul,

You can view the documentary on the ASoNA Web site through the link provided in my first post!

It's also available on You Tube, just search for "Naval War of 1812", and you should find all the various chapters there!