Thread: A bowshot to mates on LITKO Accessories.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Default A bowshot to mates on LITKO Accessories.

Just a shout out to those of you, like myself, that are looking for high quality accessories for SOG on the internet that can really enhance your game. I came across a review of SAILS, and the reviewer said "If you really want to micro manage, or enhance your game, look to Litko products for all sorts of war gaming markers made of acrylic and fashioned for land and sea warfare gaming." So I did, and liked what I saw, crew served row boats, weather markers, fire, smoke, sinking ships, SOG rulers you could glue firing cannon markers to, the works. So, as I had just ordered the starter, I went nuts, imagining tabletop naval gaming like never before, as my wife was rolling her eyes and yelling about this weeks grocery bills. Anyway, what the reviewer failed to mention, is that this place also makes parts for aero engineering, or some such, and that the TYPICAL ORDER CAN TAKE UP TO A MONTH! Custom pieces take longer. After two weeks and a phone call returned, they were courteous and said they would ship priority and that I should recieve it 6-8 days from now! Mind you, they are in Indiana, and I'm in Michigan, just up the road sorta speak. Their products look sweet, but order way ahead of that night at the round' with friends, or 'gasp' a planned convention setup!

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

I would heartily second Litko products, but as Mark mentions be sure to order well in advance as they are a pretty busy group! Which helps to explain why their stuff is so popular!!
    "War is the greatest game Man can play!" BG George B. McClellan

I can also recommend Litko - I use them for miniature bases, which have a shorter turn around time than the acrylic markers, especially if you order popular sizes.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Well just received my load of accessories and got'em all glued together, and I must say, they are top notch! Definitely professionally made pieces for that extra visual kick, and worth the wait! Will order more in the future, Hats off to Litko!

Midshipman
    England

Log Entries
    Name
    Steve

Piccies please!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    Piccies please!
    Let me see what I can do. :p

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

OK here we go, not the best pics but, Name:  20150518_035316.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  98.3 KB Name:  20150518_035313.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  98.5 KB Name:  20150518_035248.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  99.5 KB Name:  20150518_035234.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  93.5 KB Name:  20150518_035210.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  101.0 KB hope these turn out, they are nice!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

The pics didn't do them justice but, the wind indicator is in the shape of a ships wheel (Love it) with an itricately laser cut dolphin jumping out of the water on one side and a green similarly cut palm tree on the other. They act as tap tabs for adjusting windage. Next to the crew overboard marker is a 3d Jack boat with navigator pointing forward and crew rowing. I glued one of the cannon volleys to the range ruler and left a little space behind to measure against ship dot on base. Another ruler was included (not pictured) that says "Musket Fire <-->" at the end and has an even range increment on it from 1 to 22, further enhancing encounters with d20's or whatever. The pieces in the corner are ship shaped cut pieces that are acrylic with wooden centers saying "Run Aground", and "Entanglement". Very nice accessories, for that added touch of customization!

Midshipman
    England

Log Entries
    Name
    Steve

Cheers Mark, very nice.