Thread: Powder Monkey V2a now available

2nd Lieutenant
    Great Britain

Log Entries
    Name
    Richard

Default Powder Monkey V2a now available

Hi Shipmates!

I did a final playtest on the new version of my solo rules, I posted the game on my blog at: http://herkybird-richardbradley.blog...test-game.html - it shows how the rules differ from versions 1 and 2, and shows a game I really enjoyed playing, to boot!
    There is a link to the rules on the blog too, as there is no sign of the new version coming on SofG anchorage files at the mo.

I hope you enjoy the post...and the rules!

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Thank you again for all your work on these solo rules, Richard.

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Kenneth

Very good work. I really like your solo rules. I'm going to try your scenario tonight. Here's an interesting pic of a power monkey on the USS New Hampshire in 1864:

Name:  power monkey USS New Hampshire 1864.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  251.6 KB

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steven

Cool , very nice battle you had there. And thanks for coming up with these solo rules, CHEERS TO YOU SIR !!!

2nd Lieutenant
    Great Britain

Log Entries
    Name
    Richard

I just got my HMS Victory yesterday (well, I am in the backwater of the UK!) - very nice too!

I had a look at the manoeuvre deck, and have noticed its different to the usual 100 gun. In fact the deck differs in that you get 1 more (sharper turn) card for right and left.
    I dont think its worth making a new chart for this one ship (I havent seen Constitution yet) - I think it should be ok to keep using the 100 gun+ chart, and use the sharper turns when you are making the choice of card for the ship, for example when its heading away from the enemy and over a cannon shot away.

Alternatively, use the 74's chart, and if the sharpest turn comes out 2 turns in a row, just choose the next sharpest turn.

I hope this is helpful?