Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Default Sails Scenery and maps

Found this while browsing, as you do.
    Like the look of the epic map, but thought the forts and island looked good.

http://combatzone-scenery.co.uk

They say they ship all over the world, so take a look.
    Apologies if already been posted

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Not bad, but abit pricey for unpainted. Their "Fort Boyard" is nearly four times the price of the Brigade Models one

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Interesting. I wonder what the space station run will be. A friend would be interested.

I just picked up quite a few buildings for 15mm WWII at a gamestore today. In the back, folks were playing FoW - very nice setup.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Not bad, but abit pricey for unpainted. Their "Fort Boyard" is nearly four times the price of the Brigade Models one
    They also look to be quite a bit out of scale to the SGN ships too unfortunately - don't even look like they are 1/1200th so I suspect they are loosely around 1/2400th scale equivalent...

...and yeah a bit expensive for unpainted given their size - but the cost is likely due to the plaster being used (shipping may be expensive too as they'll probably be pretty heavy).

Otherwise a couple of the forts and islands don't look too bad if they were the right scale...

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

On the other hand, it's not like the battlespace "ground scale" is to-scale with our ships either...

I mean, there's gotta be a balance point between big enough to look good with the ships but small enough to fit with the ground and not upstage our wood-and-canvas "headliners"... the question is, where is that balance point? Keith and I have been discussing a line of handpainted "ground/shore target" accessories for the Aerodrome/Anchorage Store, and selecting a scale to look for existing off-the-shelf sculpts in is one of the big barriers to me even starting "test samples" to find out if I can handle the job.

Yep. It's a dilemma DB. I prefer the buildings and scenery to be as close to the ship scale as possible - reconciling the former to the ground scale just doesn't work for me principally because the ships models will often be in close proximity and any 'distance effect' will be undermined. I've seen some amazing 1/1200th scenery here firsthand done by guys with extensive Langton fleets and it just looks amazing... I think you can get away with 1/1200th with the 1/100th ships for most terrain if needed (EXCEPT docks & port buildings where the ship models will potentially be alongside) - but not smaller scales... Just my 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Found this while browsing, as you do.
    Like the look of the epic map, but thought the forts and island looked good.

http://combatzone-scenery.co.uk

They say they ship all over the world, so take a look.
    Apologies if already been posted
    My anti-virus software went off and blocked a phishing link when I went to one of the product links on this page.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Perhaps we should keep our eyes open for these models at congresses and see how they compare with the ship models.