Thread: Ahoy There Fellow Aotearoan Sailors...

Default Ahoy There Fellow Aotearoan Sailors...

...Admiral of the Fleet 7eat51 has graciously permitted us our own Wardroom!

I have taken the liberty of perusing the crew statistics and looks like we currently number but 12, of which only about half are active on here to one degree or another. Canterbury looks to be the stronghold (with about 5-6) and then Auckland (3!), and a few independent deck hands around places south and east and such...

So if you are present, how about reporting for roll call in Aotearoa?

Midshipman
    New Zealand

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Located in Christchurch. It would be good to find some other gamers locally.

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    Located in Christchurch. It would be good to find some other gamers locally.
    Indeed! I may have about 5 potentials now in Auckland (incl. your family member)!

Landsman
    New Zealand

Log Entries
    Name
    Kylie

Hi there fellow sailors of the Age of sail Royal New Zealand Navy,
    I live in Auckland and I have just received this awesome game I have wanted for over a year. I am currently a Snottie learning the ropes and making paper model ships to advance the fleet.

Looking at bringing this game to the local war games club in Parakai, so any player want to join me for a game?

Kylies Provan

Former Admiral of the Fleet
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Hi Kylie(s),

Stop by the Welcome Aboard forum and introduce yourself to the fleet. Everyone here will be glad to meet you.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Hi Kylie,

Welcome! I'd never have guessed there was a gaming club out in Parakai!

Vice Admiral of the Red.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Kylie.

Midshipman
    New Zealand

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

I understand their is at least one SOG player in Blenheim who indicated he would consider travelling for a SOG or WOW event.

This makes me wonder if anyone has organised SOG participation games for any NZ conventions? I'm not aware of anything. However, if there has been what format was used and what was the interest?
    Visit "The Wargames Room":
    http://thewargamesroom.wordpress.com

Landsman
    New Zealand

Log Entries
    Name
    Peter

Kia Ora,
    Two new kiwi players- however we are in Riyadh! May well set up a school club (no depiction of people in the models so culturally OK). However since learning 'from the box' we may have some really basic questions i.e. After a collision do the ships keep going if not grappled! Anyway- back to the Lions match.