+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted, kick starter captain card deck

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Thank you for the warm reception gentlemen, it is an honor to be around such fine shipmates. I truly have waited a long time for an in depth naval game set in 17th to 19th centuries, probably the most adventurous in human history. I have the Master And Commander board game from Front Porch Classics, and while it is a very nice game, it lacks the scope to what SOG delivers, not to mention the fine ship models. I feel with a little imagination, and resource aids SOG could be legendary. If the sea is a vast unknown even today, imagine how it was two and three hundred years ago! Minus pollution, over fishing,etc., who knows what was swimming below the depths? Or what lurked in the steamy jungles? One thing is for sure...they knew how to party.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kaiser View Post
    I too, have been searching for an abilities deck, without having to get a bank loan to get one.
    I have a new unopened one I can let go for $15 delivered. $18 shipped priority one.

Still not sold.
    Last edited by Gunner; 05-09-2015 at 17:25.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by kippryon View Post
    Is this referring to the Captain & Crew Ability cards that were available on BoardGameGeek as a promo item for around $10, about 2-3 months after Starter Set release...?

If so, I have several unopened decks.
    [Not that I was hoarding for future gold, but was going to card sleeve one deck, attempt to laminate another, and keep one original - therefore got several extra in case I screwed 'em up, but...successfully done for all 3].
    So...I have 3 extra decks *unopened*.

Just wondering.
    Ahoy kipp, do you still have a deck for sale? If so, how much? -Mark in Michigan

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Daniel

Evening, gents. I'm likewise looking to acquire one of these elusive decks so I thought I'd throw my bicorn into the ring. First dibs yielded to Mark of course, but if a second deck happens to surface I'd be much obliged for the offer. This is my first post by the way so consider it an informal greeting as well. Looking forward :)

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Welcome aboard Daniel.
    'Fraid I can't help you with your quest, but do join us in the Wardroom for a few noggins and a jaw.
    Bligh.

Ordinary Seaman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by driordanwood View Post
    Evening, gents. I'm likewise looking to acquire one of these elusive decks so I thought I'd throw my bicorn into the ring. First dibs yielded to Mark of course, but if a second deck happens to surface I'd be much obliged for the offer. This is my first post by the way so consider it an informal greeting as well. Looking forward :)
    FX: Forms orderly queue behind Mark and Daniel :D
    "And we'll rant and we'll roar, like true British sailors
    We'll rant and we'll roar, all on the salt sea
    Until we strike sounding in the channel of old England:
    From Ushant to Scilly, 'tis thirty-five leagues."

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleAtTMill View Post
    FX: Forms orderly queue behind Mark and Daniel :D
    I got mine thanks be to Gunner (Ed). His patience, trustworthiness, and prompt dispatching was second to none. So I believe David is next in the run for the coveted 'Ability deck', PS mine got immediately put in the hard protectors.

Guys I've got two of those decks sealed and ready for sale. They are in Australia so that means postage alone would be $14.10A to USA! Sooo, if you are still interested email privately.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    Guys I've got two of those decks sealed and ready for sale. They are in Australia so that means postage alone would be $14.10A to USA! Sooo, if you are still interested email privately.
    Hey Daniel, kind of off topic but, how's the weather on your side of the world?, also did you ever get to see any of the "Road Warrior" stuff filmed? , Thanks, -Mark

It's wet and cold (Melbourne) Road Warrior...you mean Mad Max? No didnt see any of that filmed but Australia is as big as the USA so you would have to be pretty fortunate to be close to those events They're filming the latest pirates movie up in Queensland (about 3000km from me) as you probably know with all the fuss over Depp's dogs!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

It's wet and cold (Melbourne) Road Warrior...you mean Mad Max? No didnt see any of that filmed but Australia is as big as the USA so you would have to be pretty fortunate to be close to those events They're filming the latest pirates movie up in Queensland (about 3000km from me) as you probably know with all the fuss over Depp's dogs!
    Yeah I know what you mean, our 9 months of winter is starting to finally break, but still in the 40's and 50's. Mad Max (old or new remake), or part 2 "The Road Warrior" here in the states. I just love the old versions Gabriel Byrne (Toe Cutter) is a wild man, loved him in "Moby Dick" too...'98 version with Patrick Stewart (best version of the tale, in my opinion), also the gyro captain (Bruce Spence) was the crazy old man on the dock. Some of my, hands down, favorite films come from over there, "Rogue", "Black Water", "The Reef", "Road Games" with Stacey Keach and Jamie Lee Curtis, just unparalleled film making with a (Hey Hollywood!, try this sometime!) good storyline, great actors, and great plots! No, I haven't heard anything on Depp or his dogs, or much of the new POTC for that matter!, I am looking forward to Ron Howards new film "In The Heart Of The Sea", the true story about the whaling ship "ESSEX" and her bout with Moby Dick.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-1...-to-us/6474146

He's very lucky he hasn't been charged yet with bio-security breaches. Australia is rabies free and all pets are required to be quarantined on entry. There has been some very funny stuff on you tube mind you over this.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-1...-to-us/6474146

He's very lucky he hasn't been charged yet with bio-security breaches. Australia is rabies free and all pets are required to be quarantined on entry. There has been some very funny stuff on you tube mind you over this.
    Wow!, I wonder why he (Depp) didn't follow protocol?, he had to have known prior, from sources, about the rules and could have had his pets checked out prior to filming, so he could keep them with him.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

When my mother brought her pets with her when she moved to the USA, she had them vaccinated and kept it up while there to make sure she could bring her Chausies back to Sweden. We don't have rabies either. I think quarantine is quite usual, if you don't have papers from vets.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I wonder why he (Depp) didn't follow protocol?
    I would be surprised if anyone from Hollywood would think they are under such rules. - same with folks from D.C.

I am reading an interesting book on leadership ethical failures, and the author contends that often such failures are not acts of the will, but flaws in cognition in which the leaders, for various reasons, believe they are exempt from ethical norms.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Daniel. It would be good if you went to the 'Welcome Aboard' category in the Forum and introduced yourself there.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    I would be surprised if anyone from Hollywood would think they are under such rules. - same with folks from D.C.

I am reading an interesting book on leadership ethical failures, and the author contends that often such failures are not acts of the will, but flaws in cognition in which the leaders, for various reasons, believe they are exempt from ethical norms.
    So true, Eric, So true.

Money and political strings talk. Probably always will.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Money and political strings talk. Probably always will.
    Until the little man has had enough.

Midshipman
    England

Log Entries
    Name
    Steve

Then the rich man pays other little men to squash the bolshy little men. History repeats itself.

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Kenneth

I too, have been searching for an abilities deck, without having to get a bank loan to get one. LOL, I have said this before, ARES would be wise to consumers request, suggestions, Etc._ or risk their hard work on SOL drawing water. A tactical events deck complete with a book explaining drawn cards, entitled "Captains Log", storms, squalls, uncharted islands, shark attacks, kraken, mutinous crew, you name it, could then be realized randomly for solo or multiplayer. Add some nice art work, and I think it would put a living world to the table.
    That kind of thing used to be handled by "The General" and "S&T" magazines. A scenario in every issue. Another way to go would be the Pathfinder series for
    Dungeons and Dragons". They are based on D&D 3.5 and contain dungeons, new characters, and new monsters in each release. I don't think SOG has enough people involved to make the printing of a book like that profitable.

BTW, Welcome Mark

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I agree with Kenneth. I think most non-ship expansions will be developed by fans due to cost, and to Ares being a small company with little resources for such development.

I have seen several folks produce some great work on the 'Drome for WoG. With the ability to print quality materials at places like Kinkos, and the ability of folks to do graphic design on home computers, I think we could populate the files sections with all sorts of alternative play aids.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I agree with Kenneth. I think most non-ship expansions will be developed by fans due to cost, and to Ares being a small company with little resources for such development.

I have seen several folks produce some great work on the 'Drome for WoG. With the ability to print quality materials at places like Kinkos, and the ability of folks to do graphic design on home computers, I think we could populate the files sections with all sorts of alternative play aids.
    This reminds me of the work Ryan (aka Mad Hatter) was doing on The Atlantic Campaign and his Master Campaign. Very professional looking and well done. Unfortunately, he's not been on in over a year.

http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...antic+campaign

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Kentop View Post
    That kind of thing used to be handled by "The General" and "S&T" magazines. A scenario in every issue. Another way to go would be the Pathfinder series for
    Dungeons and Dragons". They are based on D&D 3.5 and contain dungeons, new characters, and new monsters in each release. I don't think SOG has enough people involved to make the printing of a book like that profitable.

BTW, Welcome Mark
    Thanks for the welcome Kenneth. I guess the fine line i'm trying to walk here is more based on SOG than D&D or Pathfinder. (To me nothing beats the old versions of the fantasy RPG's but that's anther story.) What I'm trying to get across is RANDOM EVENTS, historical in nature, with the tales from the taverns thrown in. Random enemy ships coming at you through fog banks, a reef in the middle of deep waters that could cause hull and possibly crew damage, a jack cleaning the ships side when suddenly he's swallowed by a great white, and he just happens to be an important crewman (effecting morale, or repairs), storms, squalls, rogue waves, mutineers, whales (both harmless and aggressive), an island that isn't plotted on your charts, giant sharks (historically) proven to be much larger back then, rations going bad, Captain and Crew field promotions and Demotions (affecting ship abilities), and yes Krakens, Sirens and the like, be they real or imagined, many paintings and drawings of the day claimed such things, we weren't there, so who can say? We are discovering giant squid today with an enormous potential for death and destruction, who's to say they weren't that large and took on ships back then? Possibly mistaking them for whales. Shore leave granted to crewman to 'mingle with the little brown native girls' if unengaged and near an island (raise morale, or cause trouble), Captains wife is expecting (change of course back to port), Two enemy Frigates and a SOL bearing down on you at a set distance. These are just some examples of exciting things that can happen to your ship on the draw of a card and referenced in a log booklet. Add nice artwork and a short 'one liner' on each card and I think it would turn the game from checkers into monopoly overnight. In a matter of speaking.

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Kenneth

Thanks for the welcome Kenneth. I guess the fine line i'm trying to walk here is more based on SOG than D&D or Pathfinder. (To me nothing beats the old versions of the fantasy RPG's but that's anther story.) What I'm trying to get across is RANDOM EVENTS, historical in nature, with the tales from the taverns thrown in. Random enemy ships coming at you through fog banks, a reef in the middle of deep waters that could cause hull and possibly crew damage, a jack cleaning the ships side when suddenly he's swallowed by a great white, and he just happens to be an important crewman (effecting morale, or repairs), storms, squalls, rogue waves, mutineers, whales (both harmless and aggressive), an island that isn't plotted on your charts, giant sharks (historically) proven to be much larger back then, rations going bad, Captain and Crew field promotions and Demotions (affecting ship abilities), and yes Krakens, Sirens and the like, be they real or imagined, many paintings and drawings of the day claimed such things, we weren't there, so who can say? We are discovering giant squid today with an enormous potential for death and destruction, who's to say they weren't that large and took on ships back then? Possibly mistaking them for whales. Shore leave granted to crewman to 'mingle with the little brown native girls' if unengaged and near an island (raise morale, or cause trouble), Captains wife is expecting (change of course back to port), Two enemy Frigates and a SOL bearing down on you at a set distance. These are just some examples of exciting things that can happen to your ship on the draw of a card and referenced in a log booklet. Add nice artwork and a short 'one liner' on each card and I think it would turn the game from checkers into monopoly overnight. In a matter of speaking.
    Let's distill this for a moment. You are talking about the age old tradition of embellishing a true story with fantastic moments. Kind of like the bible. I can do the artwork if you write the story. I am no Frank Frazetta, but I get by.

Via Keith Ares made some noise about adding more captain and crew depth. Unclear how far toward role play or character development they are imagining. Certainly not fantasy but I thought maybe they are trying to set things up for pirates. I'm intrigued, personally I'm interested in using some campaign framework to add age of sail flavor that falls outside the gunnery duel proper. But I think it's hard to bolt them onto the game.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Let's distill this for a moment. You are talking about the age old tradition of embellishing a true story with fantastic moments. Kind of like the bible. I can do the artwork if you write the story. I am no Frank Frazetta, but I get by.
    I will give an example: Contents: 1 Captains Log (Random Events Booklet), 200 card event deck, 1 6-sided dice. Rules: On each turn player contolling ship rolls d6, on a roll of 1 a random event occurs, pick a card from pre-shuffled deck and consult Captains Log to resolve event prior to ship taking any movement or actions. Synapsis(start of Campaign): Due to your hard work dockside, and your willigness to volunteer for Naval duty, the Captain of a ship takes you on as a Midshipman. (Pick a vessel of your choice, and Nationality. As a Midshipman, you have limited control, therefore only 1 Move or Ships Action may be picked by you per round, the rest are randomly picked. As you gain rank, more resposibility of the ship goes to you, as well as abilities.) A Midshipman card displaying that countries uniform goes next to your ship mat (representing you aboard vessel). Place ocean play area out and put your ship closest to you at the edge. Pick 1 move or action, and fill remaining slots with randomly drawn corresponding chits and cards. Round 1: roll d6, get a 4, ok smooth sailing out of the harbor. Move ship, perform action if applicable, nothing in sight so on to round 2. Smooth sailing till say round 4, a roll of 1, ok, drawing card, a picture of a sextant on card below that it reads "refer to page 10, paragraph 4 in Captains Log", below that it reads "It's better to know where you're going, than know where you've been.", referencing the 'Captains Log' it says, you have been gifted a "Quality Sextant" from someone you love, to assure you safe passage. 'Keep this card, until you have discard it.' Anytime this ship is to collide with shoals, sandbars, or obstructions roll a d6, on a roll of 5 or 6 the collision is avoided. Few more turns later another 1 is rolled, this one reads "Promotion at Sea" refer to page 50 paragraph 3 of Captains Log, below that in italics it reads "Hip, Hip, Horay!" looking to the log book it reads "If you have accumulated 5 promotion points than you are promoted to the next highest rank!, if you haven't, place card in discard pile." (Points could go by cards granting them, as well as victories at sea against other ships, 2 points for same class, 1 point for lower classes and 3 points for higher classes, SOL are worth 5. Anyway, with tweaking and all that, the game would play you, sort of speak, also you would be fighting not only other ships but the sea itself.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

I'd say there could be classes of cards; between games and during games.

Between games could be: promotion of your lieutenant, trouble in the harbour, bad delivery of meat - crew eats biscuits, etc.

During games could be: Man over board, fog, albatross, huge sharks, dolphins, etc.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Also, card artwork is very important in keeping to the 'feel' of the game, keeping in tune with the starter set (since that is what we're accustomed to.) But the possibilities are endless, the rank and move, action system is open to a lot of tweaking, but it is meant to portray either a bad Captain or a good one randomly. With the player, a junior ranking officer, at his whim. At least until a card of fortune is drawn or you get a ship of your own, ie (If you have captured a ship, and are of the rank of Midshipman or Lieutenant, than the Captain puts you in charge as ACTING CAPTAIN till you reach a friendly port, at which time you gain 2 extra promotion points and return to your original ship.), Another card could read, "Burial At Sea", in the Log it states: "You partake in the ceremony of a deceased crewman." Roll d6 1-2 Jack or Seaman (no effect) 3 Able Seaman (morale reduced for 1 round) 4 Midshipman (morale reduced for 3 rounds) 5 Sailng Master (veer rating reduced by 2 till docked at friendly port) 6 Captain (You are now acting Captain, with morale reduced by 2 and ships actions reduced by 1 till you reach a friendly port, then gain 1 promotion point and receive new Captain) Keep card until effects are resolved. Another example, a little wilder this time, drawn card reads "Sweetest singin' I er'r heard!" with a picture of sailors pointing to a woman chest deep in the ocean off the bow. Log Book reads: "By God they're real, those lovely women of the sea!" (Your ship and your crew are under attack by Sirens or Mermaids of the Sea!" place an island token at the 4th space of the ruler in front of your ship, roll d6 1-2 full sails 3-4 battle sails , 5-6 struck sails (Captain and crew resist) now move ship straight toward island one move with appropriate sail setting. If beaching occurs, determine damage to your ship and crew, lost crew are considered eaten and lost. Each turn thereafter roll d6, a roll of 6 gets your ship free, any other roll results in 1 more lost crew marker. (Bet you wish you had that sextant card now!) I hope i'm making sense here, you see it can stay in tune with the game, without going all crazy. -Mark

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    I'd say there could be classes of cards; between games and during games.

Between games could be: promotion of your lieutenant, trouble in the harbour, bad delivery of meat - crew eats biscuits, etc.

During games could be: Man over board, fog, albatross, huge sharks, dolphins, etc.
    Oh absolutely!, whatever makes the most sense. Two decks, AT SEA: and IN PORT: , probably would be better that way, love affairs, marriages, legal troubles, items purchased, etc IN PORT, and the ocean and her hazards including ship to ship AT SEA:..... Good point Jonas!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

IN PORT rules could be roll d6 that's the number of turns spent in harbor, or town, or far off island even! With that many d6 rolls and events happening on 1 or 2 in town, 1 on island. Only applicable cards count depending on location, no dates with Governors daughter on uncharted isles, etc, could be redraws, or just put in discard pile after first draw and non-applicable.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

I would also like to shout out a thank you to Kenneth for offering assistance on artwork for my yet redeemable idea, I am by no means a whiz to tech aspects of game designing, but I am an idea man. Ken, your response tells me you're going in the right direction, now it's a matter of tuning and application. History tells us there was soooo much more involved in traversing the worlds waters during wartime operations in the age of sail than "OK, go here, shoot them, go home." The Sea itself was tougher on the ships and crew, than often the engagements themselves. And the fine elegance of the period itself is the draw to we living in this modern day of smoke and machines and no small measure of noise. Things were much simpler then, crime was punished swiftly, and often violently, commerce was done with a word and a handshake, and people lived full, eventful lives with conveniences carved by hand lasting long after they expired. I would like to capture that feel for SOG, with the history spun around the ship and the player, without all the paper pushing of RPG's. Some mechanic that is smooth running and gives backstory to every game turn. :) -Mark

History tells us there was soooo much more involved in traversing the worlds waters during wartime operations in the age of sail than "OK, go here, shoot them, go home."
    I had a few weeks in December where things were dead, and started developing similar ideas. Ever since then work/family has been nonstop, but you may be interested in what I was pursuing (and hope to come back to at some point)

http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...campaign-rules

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by fredmiracle View Post
    I had a few weeks in December where things were dead, and started developing similar ideas. Ever since then work/family has been nonstop, but you may be interested in what I was pursuing (and hope to come back to at some point)

http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...campaign-rules
    Very nicely done Fred!, the pictures are very nice. Yes, that is very similar, from a strictly military view of the game. But my system is a little more "what's going to happen to me now?", Throwing everything in the mix, at port, and at sea. The cards are the pictorial referece, the log book is the guide. With easy directions on playing out the encounter in parenthesis after a short, draw you in story or explanation. Say, in multiplay, one British frigate is battling a French SOL and a French frigate, 2 rounds go by with the British and French player rolling 3's and 4's on their turns, thus no outside interference in the battle. The English frigate is getting pounded when suddenly the French player rolls a 1, he draws an "AT SEA" event card, checking the log book it says his ship runs aground on submerged shoals, after rolling randomly, it's his SOL. His frigate continues to engage. Next turn British player rolls a 3, French player rolls a 1! Drawing again and referencing it says: Sail Ho! With a short explanation and a random rolling and distance chart. The player rolls 2d6 and gets an English SOL 6 spaces (game ruler) away! Uh Oh! The French frigate decides to high tail it and the poor battered British frigate is saved! Anything could happen though, according to the imagination of the cards made and Captains Log reference book. Maybe a sudden squall, affecting all ships on the board, maybe a mutiny on board one of the ships during the battle, maybe a Kraken rises from the deep and engages the SOL?

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

You see quite simply, I have the ideas, but without a working computer or printer or the tech skills, not the means. I tried working on this years ago with POTC build your ship game and pulled pics from all over the internet from all sources, to display on the cards, from photos of dressed up people on Facebook to ancient drawings and art. I put everything on the cards though as the gameplay is minimal at best. But it was looking good. The idea for a "Captains Log" going more in depth for SOG hit me when I thought of OMEGA GAMES RANGER: Tactical Modern Patrolling Operations and the tactical events booklet within that describes your current situation and choices you can make to resolve them.

Ordinary Seaman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Mike

Doffs hat to Berthier - arrived all the way up from down under this morning. Many thanks.

Name:  IMG_4277.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  205.0 KB
    "And we'll rant and we'll roar, like true British sailors
    We'll rant and we'll roar, all on the salt sea
    Until we strike sounding in the channel of old England:
    From Ushant to Scilly, 'tis thirty-five leagues."

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Downloading stuff that others have the ability to make, and post to the files section would make me very happy! If I ever figure out how to do some of this work myself, and get it to turn out right I would certainly get it posted for the use of others!! Seems only fair to me!!
    "War is the greatest game Man can play!" BG George B. McClellan

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    This reminds me of the work Ryan (aka Mad Hatter) was doing on The Atlantic Campaign and his Master Campaign. Very professional looking and well done. Unfortunately, he's not been on in over a year.

Thanks for the link to this Jim.
    It looks like something i could tackle solo when the next ships are released.
    Rob.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Thanks for the link to this Jim.
    It looks like something i could tackle solo when the next ships are released.
    Rob.
    Agreed. I've had the files saved since Ryan first posted them, but have done nothing with them yet. Same with the Med. Campaign that won the Ares Scenario Contest. Maybe I need to do less modeling and more gaming?

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mischa

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    You can find the text of the cards and the rules here: http://www.aresgames.eu/11275
    There are only 10 actions here. I'm gonna make my own deck. I have some cardstock from copying my WGS decks, so I will print these on it. Typed them into word and printing on one side to fit on a playing card size. I just added the word Capt to Fast thinking and added the word "Crew" to each crew ability title.

Now for a back fo the deck logo I can glue that to the back of each card.
    Last edited by Gotham Resident; 06-10-2015 at 12:49.

Unregistered

Default Cards

Hi guys! I'm just getting into the game and was wondering if anyone still had the captains/crew skills deck for sale?

Landsman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Davey

i have a homemade set of ability cards, would it not be some kind of copyrights violation or otherwise
    offend anyone to upload the files though?

it is an alternate printer friendly design, not a direct copy.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Probably OK, there seem to be plenty of locally made pilot and ace cards on the Aerodrome, I guess this is similar?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I could not possibly comment Davey.
    let's see a sample, and I will pass judgement.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Davey

as you can see, the text is verbatim but it's alt. graphics.

Landsman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Davey

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Probably OK, there seem to be plenty of locally made pilot and ace cards on the Aerodrome, I guess this is similar?
    i think those are custom variants, not the text from the original.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I don't have a problem with that Davey. Send them to the Files, and if you get them in before I leave tomorrow I will ratify them.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Davey

done.

nothing fancy, but it does the job.
    btw this has not been thoroughly checked for typo's by a 3rd party, so if you spot any mistakes let me know.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

For some reason I have had no notification of a file awaiting moderation, so you will need to PM Keith with a request to ratify the file.
    Sorry, I have this authority on the Drome but obviously not here as yet.
    Rob.

Landsman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Davey

ok pm sent.

btw: i have a similar set i made for wings, only that one is actually made to look like the original.
    you think that would be an issue?
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...840#post447840

+ Reply to Thread