Thread: ROCKCON is Back! 7-9 NOV 2014

Default ROCKCON is Back! 7-9 NOV 2014

Mark your calendars!

7-9 NOV 2014

If you are familiar with ROCKCON it is back just with a new name...What-Khan. Apparently due to legal issues with the previous backer the name had to change this year. It is the same venue, same format, and same organizers as ROCKCON, just a different name.

One of the organizers was at our gaming group last night and I will definitely have a Bolt Action Tournament this year on Saturday 8 November.

Because of the name change they are worried that people who have attended in the past may miss it.

They are looking for more games to be registered.

http://www.what-khan.com/

Hope to see some of the WoG/SoG crew there again.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Hi Aaron. Thanks for the heads up on What-Khan. Unfortunately, it's in conflict with Gamehole Con and also TeslaCon in Madison. I can't even make Gamehoel Con as I'll be at TeslaCon all 4 days.

https://www.gameholecon.com/
    http://teslacon.com/

Wow lots of conflicts this year. I did not even know about Teslacon.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ironsides View Post
    Wow lots of conflicts this year. I did not even know about Teslacon.
    Agreed. I didn't make it to the premier of Gamehole Con last year, but I heard it was well received. TeslaCon is less about gaming and more about Steampunk.

A member of our gaming group is planning to register a SoG event (I think Friday).

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Aaron, are you running Naval Thunder again? That was very fun. You did a great job last year.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Eric,

I am not currently signed up for Naval Thunder. I was drafted to run a Bolt Action tournament on Saturday which is a major undertaking. Trying to talk my friend Mike into running a game. Saturday is out, do you have a preference for Friday or Sunday?

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ironsides View Post
    Eric,

I am not currently signed up for Naval Thunder. I was drafted to run a Bolt Action tournament on Saturday which is a major undertaking. Trying to talk my friend Mike into running a game. Saturday is out, do you have a preference for Friday or Sunday?
    I will need to get back to you on that. This year is questionable regarding attendance. I am unable to run games, so attendance is largely dependent upon what is offered. Most likely, we would do a day trip on Saturday if we attend. I need to look at the schedule and see what is open regarding number of players, types of games, etc.

Aaron, is your Bolt Action game open to beginners?
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    I will need to get back to you on that. This year is questionable regarding attendance. I am unable to run games, so attendance is largely dependent upon what is offered. Most likely, we would do a day trip on Saturday if we attend. I need to look at the schedule and see what is open regarding number of players, types of games, etc.

Aaron, is your Bolt Action game open to beginners?
    yes, in fact they are encouraged, but it is expected all have good knowledge of the rules. In other words this should not be a players first game. You can see it all on the website.

http://www.what-khan.com/tournlst.html

HTH,

Aaron

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Thanks. Unfortunately, we have never played the game. Nicely written description. Best wishes with the tourney.

I thoroughly enjoy WWII tactical games - might be my favorite genre. We played Tractics (spelling?) in a bygone era. I remember enjoying it immensely. We used a 4'x8' sand table. My buddies had the rules and tanks, etc. I started collecting some; unfortunately, I passed on all my old gaming stuff. Now I am collecting 15mm WWII armor, etc. I started with Axis and Allies minis, but jumped in after they were discontinued; it is now hard to find stuff reasonably priced. Did the same thing with A&A naval after playing your game last year.