Thread: Rigging ratlines order help?

Question Rigging ratlines order help?

Ahoy Maties,

Thanks to those that have already blazed this trail. The brush hair rigging is brilliant. May give that a try after aging the sails and ships a bit.

How many sets do I need to rig ratlines on the full captains level Kick Starter set. I have 8 SOL and 8 Frigates so I think it is 2 first wave sets or is it 4?

It is also a bit confusing with the wave and serial number bits. I think I will need some of the other parts but not sure what to order. They all seem to be back ordered at this point so no great problem yet. Still trying to sort it all out.

I ordered 2 sets of wave 1 and will try those first. Not sure if I will be adding the standing rigging yet but I will think about ships boats and other items after doing these mods first.

I post on my progress as it comes along.

Fair winds and a following sea
    Pappy

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Hi Leigh,

I'm glad you like the brush rigging method. It was shown to me over on the Aerodrome sister site for rigging the 1/144 WWI biplanes. It works just as well on the ships. As for the ratlines, a single Wave 1 Set will do one of each ship released in Wave one. Those are the four ships that came in the starter set or the individual ship packs numbered as SGN101, 102, 103, or 104. Each of the brass frets is labeled with the number ship it is to be used on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Thank ye , M'Lord,
    I will see how I like it and after weathering the sails and blicking the masts I will add the ratlines and then the standing rigging.

Fair winds and a following sea
    Pappy

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Jörg

I would first add standing rigging and after this the ratlines.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Darren

Bottom ratlines then top ratlines and then running rigging.
    If you're going that far down the rabbit hole