Thread: Naval Action alpha test on you tube

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Kenneth

Default Naval Action alpha test on you tube

Naval Action is a game under development in Kiev, Russia. It looks amazing and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. Here's a youtube video of what it the action looks like. Amazing!

http://youtu.be/0hCOVm14aDQ

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Tommy

I've seen the video. It definitely looks promising.

It does look very good. I hope that its being developed in Ukraine, with the country's current problems, doesn't affect its completion.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

You mean Kiev, UKRAINE. It's not Russia... not YET, anyway, at least.

BIG difference, there's no love lost between ethnic Ukrainians and Russia over Stalin's pillaging of their food supply and forced mass-starvation in the '30s.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Looks very nice. It rather reminds me of an old game I used to play (that's still around as far as I know); Pirates of the Burning Sea?

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Jörg

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    You mean Kiev, UKRAINE. It's not Russia... not YET, anyway, at least.

BIG difference, there's no love lost between ethnic Ukrainians and Russia over Stalin's pillaging of their food supply and forced mass-starvation in the '30s.
    They are fighting each other atm!

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

It looks good. For more realism they need to show more crew.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Some of the scenes makes me think how horrifying AoG battles must have been.

Very nice graphics.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Sebastian

I saw that video some time ago. I'm trying to keep track of development of this game and Hearts of Oak

From what I red, Naval Action seems to be developed as an MMOG. This might force them to increase speed in order to have short engagements.

I think Hearts of oak as a single player game might be a bit more realistic. Especially if you follow their video log ( https://www.youtube.com/user/CaptainMurphyDUCK ), you see how they try to actually have the wind moving the ship. They switched the game engine though, usually not a good sign in spare time game development.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Sebastian, I don't remember seeing Hearts of Oak before. I just watched one of the videos, and not only am I being drawn to the game, but I learned a couple of things about AoS mechanics. Very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Sebastian

I think it popped up here once some time ago.

I do hope, they will reach the state they had before enigine swap fairly soon. This was close to a tech demo release (1 vs 1). I'm also very eager to play this little game. Unfortunatly I'm not skilled in game development and a little bit short on time, otherwise I would try to help.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

The only video game I remember playing was Pong, and that was only for a few minutes at a time, for only a few times; in those days, we were allowed to play outside without adult supervision . In fact, to be indoors was punishment.

As long as the game does not involve the continual pressing of buttons or constant speedy maneuvering, I probably could play successfully. When I watch my Friend's kids play games, I just shake my head; there simply is no way I could play such games.