Thread: The best things about being a member of the Anchorage

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Default The best things about being a member of the Anchorage

Since joining, I have always thought the best thing about being a member of the Anchorage is the community assembled here. Today, that belief was, once again, confirmed. On his way home from Gen-Con, Jim (Nightmoss) stopped by for a visit. He made me wish we had gone to Gen-Con - wonderful stories. While there, Jim picked up some promo cards for a game I supported on Kickstarter. It is incredibly nice to be part of such a group in which shipmates do favors for each other, especially given that most if us have never met other than online. Jim, thank you, and it was wonderful meeting you in person.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Thanks, Eric, for the chance to ramble on about the convention (and I know I rambled a lot). It was a pleasure meeting you and Susan and was a wonderful break on my trip home.

I'll echo what you said about the community and SoG supporters. I had a chance to meet and greet Tommy Z and Ralf, both trapped at the Pro Fantasy Booth for most of the convention, but both happy to talk about SoG. And I don't want to forget the Ares Booth staffers and volunteers. It's always fun talking to them and sharing stories about the game. The job they did on the Record Breaker was awesome.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Tommy

It was a pleasure seeing you again Jim. Ralf & I did get a game in one night in the hotel room. It was a draw (both crews eliminated)!

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Z View Post
    It was a pleasure seeing you again Jim. Ralf & I did get a game in one night in the hotel room. It was a draw (both crews eliminated)!
    You or Ralf might have mentioned that? Were you fighting with 1st Rates?

Good to see you made it back home and I'm assuming Ralf is still traveling and will be home soon.

Yeah, it was two 1St rates squaring off.

Great meeting you, Jim and thanks to Tommy for bringing his ships so we could play!

I'm currently stuck at Charlotte airport, because my plane to Frankfurt had to turn around after an hour of flight - because of a burning smell in the cabin. :-P

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Uthoroc View Post
    Yeah, it was two 1St rates squaring off.

Great meeting you, Jim and thanks to Tommy for bringing his ships so we could play!

I'm currently stuck at Charlotte airport, because my plane to Frankfurt had to turn around after an hour of flight - because of a burning smell in the cabin. :-P
    Woah! That's kind of scary!? I hope they can get you on a plane and safely home sooner than later.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Ralf, wishing you all the best on returning home. Glad to hear that you were able to turn around and land safely.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Thanks, I made it back home after all, with "only" 6 hours delay. First time I've ever landed among the flashing lights of emergency vehicles and fire engines. But it seems there wasn't any immediate danger.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Tommy

Glad you made it home safely, Ralf!

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Good to hear you're home, safe and sound, Ralf.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I am glad that you made it home safely in the end, Ralph. It must have been quite worrying at the time.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Good to hear you made it home safely, Ralf.