Thread: Origins Update: Great Job Eric!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Tommy

Default Origins Update: Great Job Eric!

Just a quick note on Origins for those who were wondering. I'll post more including pics after i get some rest.

I want to take a moment to thank Eric (7eat51) for taking on the daunting task of running ALL of the Sails of Glory events at Origins. He did a wonderful job and everyone had a great time.

The games went very well & I saw several players later in the exhibit hall with Starter sets in hand coming from the Ares booth.

It was an honor and privilege to meet Sven (Comte de Brueys) and everyone that showed up. For those of you who could not attend, know that all of the members had you in our hearts and minds as we gathered to enjoy good gaming and good company.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Thanks Tommy. I've been waiting for some kind of update and there's been nothing until your post. Ironically Ares finally put one photo of their Origins Booth up on Facebook most likely after the show was over? It does look like the Wave 2 ships were selling well!?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Can't wait to see pictures and hear more about the seven events Eric ran. Cheers!

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

It is good to hear that it went so well. Congratulations to all who helped but particularly to Eric. I hope that the Royal Hajj will be awarding you medals.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

The SGN games were a big hit and Eric had his hands full this year. Hopefully we can get him some help next year so he can play in a few more games. Ares reported to me that SGN was selling well and I believe they actually sold out of the Starter Sets there at the con.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    The SGN games were a big hit and Eric had his hands full this year. Hopefully we can get him some help next year so he can play in a few more games. Ares reported to me that SGN was selling well and I believe they actually sold out of the Starter Sets there at the con.
    That is exceptionally good news. I sure hope they bring plenty of stock to GenCon, especially the Starter Set.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Many players came back to the table later during the convention to show me what they purchased. Folks seemed pretty excited about the game. I will provide a write-up either this evening or tomorrow.

Good idea, Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Thanks Tommy. I've been waiting for some kind of update and there's been nothing until your post.

Can't wait to see pictures and hear more about the seven events Eric ran. Cheers!
    Just returned from Origins/vacation.

There are pictures and they will be published soon.

There was an outstanding battle of the lines with 2x 1st rates and 3x 3rd rates on each side. (French victory!)

Tommy - we had a great time at the SoG table!