Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wave 2 is At the Warehouse

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I'd be interested to know if anyone picks up Wave 2 ships from brick and mortar stores (including the 1st rates). Ares Sails of Glory Facebook page still says that Wave 2 ships go on retail sale tomorrow and I'm curious to know just what might be hanging on racks.

The latest Kickstarter update indicates it's going to be 2 to 3 months before the next batch of Wave 2 ships hit, both for replacement of damaged ships and general sale to the public. And for me that also brings up the question of where we're at with the special edition HMS Victory and USS Constitution?

yeah, I ordered most from 12-7-games, and they are still showing as available in July. But then Bill doesn't update his site all that frequently and he may have just been conservative. So... did he get them from his distributors? Will they ship tomorrow? And if so, will they all break in transit? Or is he going to (by choice or necessity) wait for the second production run? we'll see what happens...

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by fredmiracle View Post
    yeah, I ordered most from 12-7-games, and they are still showing as available in July. But then Bill doesn't update his site all that frequently and he may have just been conservative. So... did he get them from his distributors? Will they ship tomorrow? And if so, will they all break in transit? Or is he going to (by choice or necessity) wait for the second production run? we'll see what happens...
    Yeah, this is all kind of depressing. Here I was hoping we might get some hints at Wave 3 or a new Kickstarter event for Pirates? Instead we got a KS announcement for Galaxy Defenders and a potential long term delay on new Wave 2 ships.

Just received a shipping confirmation on wave 2 from Miniature Market. They now show them as, in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by fredmiracle View Post
    From what I hear, they had enough to fill the preorders but, might not have too much (if any) left for new orders. The July date is for newer orders.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Galaxy Defenders
    Has anyone played Galaxy Defenders? I have enjoyed the Ares games I have played, but I did not do this KS when it was out. I have wondered if that should be a regret, or something that could easily by passed up. We enjoy playing various coop games with some friends and family.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Has anyone played Galaxy Defenders? I have enjoyed the Ares games I have played, but I did not do this KS when it was out. I have wondered if that should be a regret, or something that could easily by passed up. We enjoy playing various coop games with some friends and family.
    Not I, but the latest Kickstarter with sequels to the original set is going great guns. Already 509% over the initial amount needed.

I can't find time or space now to adequately handle the games I do have in hand, so I'm not even tempted. Clearly a lot of folks like it though just based on the cash they've taken in.

And truth be told I don't wish to encourage Ares to neglect SoG or WoG by giving money to their other product IP's.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lance

Greetings All,

I just received the notice from KS about "issues" regarding the Wave 2 ships. I've been out of the loop, so to speak. I received my Wave 2 ships a day before Enfilade, the Northwest Historical Miniature Gaming Society's annual convention.
    I did unpack my shipping box and discovered no damage at all. I did receive a new wooden ruler, danke! This posting is for the gent who wondered if anyone received a good shipment.

Having read this thread, I'm now incredibly paranoid about keeping my ships in their original containers… looks like I'll be searching for an ArtBin over this weekend! Hopefully, they'll remain intact while I transfer them to their new dry docks...

In my limited experiences, I have found Ares to be first rate toward their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargantulance View Post
    I did unpack my shipping box and discovered no damage at all.
    good to hear--I think you're the third I've seen on KS+BGG+Anchorage that has reported making it through unscathed (counting Keith's second shipment)!

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Blackjohn

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    From what I hear, they had enough to fill the preorders but, might not have too much (if any) left for new orders. The July date is for newer orders.
    Obviously, I hope that isn't true, but I'm in no rush.
    Fwiw, when I ordered from 12-7 they didn't have all of the ships (this was like... three days ago), so to fill in the gaps I ordered some of the sloops from Coolstuffinc. They sent a shipping notification to me yesterday. Hopefully they'll arrive by Monday or Tuesday.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    BRIAN

Just received my shipment from 12-7 and 106 b&c had broken masts. 106 a is cracked half way through.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Blackjohn

My ordered arrived as well. Four ships with broken masts.

On the bright side, I have rum!

12-7 orders just came in expertly packaged. Out of 23 ships received, 2 appear to be damaged. SGN106B&C Formasts are broken at the base.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Received my pre-ordered Wave 2 ships from Coolstuff on Tuesday. I thought I might be lucky and get an undamaged set but 106 A,B, & C all have broken masts. All others appear fine. Coolstuff is asking me to contact Ares directly as it appears to be a manufacturing problem. They were willing to make an exchange but perhaps they don't have enough good stock to do so. Or Ares wants to get them all out of the system. Anyway, waiting on a response from Ares.