Thread: A Shout-Out for Keith and Ares!

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Michael

Default A Shout-Out for Keith and Ares!

That was a nice presentation for SGN but, I think mentioning "HMS Bellerophon and Fougueux, on eBay for $75-80 per model" was a mistake. People not familiar with SOG prices might think that these are normal prices and would be turned off.
    I myself would sell those models for Much less.

Maybe you can post an after-action report. One great way to evangelize a game is to show it being played in a way that is appealing, engaging and fun

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Michael

When I wrote this, i was trying to lend my support for this great game and point out that it is becoming a scarce commodity. I was also chiding myself for not paying attention to Kickstarter. It is already hard to come by most ships and extras on Amazon, eBay or the usual channels. I was actually being serious when I relayed how happy I was to have found the two KS special SoL's, despite the price. The game and its components are that good. I won't make the same mistake twice and ordered the Wave Two ships as soon as i saw them on the Anchorage. No one should be put off by the price, I hope you buy more smartly than I did. but if you do pay the scarcity Premium, you might still be happy, as I was, just to get the ships you want.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

It would be nice to think that, having been able to gauge demand from the kickstarter and subsequent sales, Ares could produce sufficient wave 2 stocks to reduce the likelihood of a "scarcity premium"

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

PS Amused to see you bought the "exclusives" from a games store :)

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Hi Michael,

Hopefully, we'll see restocks of the first Wave.

I have a growing tradition of finding out things too late. I got into A&A minis just as they went out of print, same with D&D minis, WoW planes, History of War card game, etc. Maybe we should exchange notes.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    PS Amused to see you bought the "exclusives" from a games store :)
    Now there's an owner that can think ahead, buying multiple Admiral packs.(and my favorite store)