Thread: Olympic games will start

2nd Lieutenant
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Ulrich

Default Olympic games will start

Hope for the games, that terrorism stay away from it.
    And I will watch my favorite team this game........the Jamaican bobsled team....
    They are back! Good luck

2nd Lieutenant
    Serbia

Log Entries
    Name
    Heмaњa

Then we'll cheer for same team

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Was the name of the film about them "Cool Running"? I remember it was a pleasant two hours.

2nd Lieutenant
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    Then we'll cheer for same team
    Super !

2nd Lieutenant
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Was the name of the film about them "Cool Running"? I remember it was a pleasant two hours.
    Yes, that was the bob with 4 persons; now the driver (47 years old) make a second start with a 2 person bob.
    Hope he will not crash and come through savely.

Also missing Eddy the eagle from GB.....

2nd Lieutenant
    Serbia

Log Entries
    Name
    Heмaњa

If they finish the race, it's success on it's own. And I hope they'll manage not to be last

Great Olympics.

The Daytona restart should begin on or around 6 pm (or sooner) PST on FOX TV.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    The Daytona restart should begin on or around 6 pm (or sooner) PST on FOX TV.
    Watched. Feh -- when are those brick-witted morons running tech going to figure out "it doesn't matter how much spoiler one has if no air is actually getting to it"?

I know Danica is pretty but, in her last two races the driver went straight at her car.
    They need to figure out a better way to meet women.

2nd Lieutenant
    Serbia

Log Entries
    Name
    Heмaњa

They lurked her when helpless

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Watched. Feh -- when are those brick-witted morons running tech going to figure out "it doesn't matter how much spoiler one has if no air is actually getting to it"?
    Probably around the same time they figure out that a car can turn right as well as left!

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    Probably around the same time they figure out that a car can turn right as well as left!
    They have to turn right to get out of their stall on pit row.
    But it does look like some of them should use their time in pit row to ask for directions.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Not a patch on BTCC

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    Oh, they've *always* known that -- they've been running road courses since Day One (there's some lovely pics of The King at Bridgehampton, Long Island, NY, and that track hasn't been a going concern since at least the '70s). The problem, as ever, is: The Technocrats are running amok, and can't seem to figure out "lower tech = better events".

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Not a patch on BTCC
    Yeah -- and the Euros accuse NASCAR of being "crash-happy".... (Whenever _Top Gear_ hires BTCC drivers for its "no-contact" events, the place ends up looking like a war zone.) >;)

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Oh, they've *always* known that -- they've been running road courses since Day One (there's some lovely pics of The King at Bridgehampton, Long Island, NY, and that track hasn't been a going concern since at least the '70s). The problem, as ever, is: The Technocrats are running amok, and can't seem to figure out "lower tech = better events".

Yeah -- and the Euros accuse NASCAR of being "crash-happy".... (Whenever _Top Gear_ hires BTCC drivers for its "no-contact" events, the place ends up looking like a war zone.) >;)
    And don't you just love it?

Motorcycle racing is so much more of a valid test of man and machine than car racing. The small size of the vehicle and ease of making it go fast means passing is more prevalent and it all comes down to how gutsy and skilled the rider is.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    Motorcycle racing is so much more of a valid test of man and machine than car racing. The small size of the vehicle and ease of making it go fast means passing is more prevalent and it all comes down to how gutsy and skilled the rider is.
    I wouldn't say that one is better or more valid than the other. One could say that since a car is bigger it takes more skill to stay on line or to make a close pass. But really it is apples and oranges as Rossi learned on his testing foray into F1. I'll give the NASCAR guys this, it requires skill to run a car that fast inches away from the next one at those speeds.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    To that end, give me Clubman racing -- Lotus (now Caterham) Sevens with wings; in essence, motorcycles with four wheels.

To that end, give me Clubman racing -- Lotus (now Caterham) Sevens with wings; in essence, motorcycles with four wheels.
    But they don't go 200mph three wide on two and a half wide lanes on a turn.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

But they don't go 200mph three wide on two and a half wide lanes on a turn.
    They're effectively open-wheel -- they don't *need* to; their crashes are quite spectacular enough as-is....

That they are.

Question. Why is there always one that wants to kiss Danica's car? I watch every week and have found only one that could possibly be blamed on her. For a while I thought her car was made out of magnetized material.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Question. Why is there always one that wants to kiss Danica's car? I watch every week and have found only one that could possibly be blamed on her. For a while I thought her car was made out of magnetized material.
    Ancient Racing Wisdom: "When you're back with the squirrels, you get your nuts cracked." [Mike Eddy]

Doesn't help she's open-wheel-trained -- which means if she gets into any kind of skid, she doesn't even try to save it.

(I did see the deep irony in which car wound up putting her out of the 500 this year.... >:) )